Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep - eForcity batteries have the same 1183.125 getfull40. Mine does. But I think there's a way to test if it can be increased and a way to increase it...?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Just for the record and users interested in buying these:
    Can someone with this battery please post there results of reading the getfull40 value?
    Here is how.
    Sipple31 already did it and it showed up as a 1150mAh Battery
    True story! I am still satisfied with the purchase though... seeing as how it was only $9.99. Who am I to complain?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Yep - eForcity batteries have the same 1183.125 getfull40. Mine does. But I think there's a way to test if it can be increased and a way to increase it...?
    Unfortunately, there's no way to increase it. We've tried it and when the battery reaches full, the voltage cutoff kicks in and stops charging.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    i got one of these batteries and the getfull is 1183.125 and getage is 100.000 . i dont think they are realy 1350 but its working better than my 90% original that would shut the phone off at 19% battery left.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    it is touchstone compatible. all batterys that dont require a different back case are touchstone compatible. and others as well with modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Unfortunately, there's no way to increase it. We've tried it and when the battery reaches full, the voltage cutoff kicks in and stops charging.
    OK, so I have been testing mine. It overcharges at 1275mAh. not bad... I'd like to set my gefull40 to 1263. what's the code for that? I haven't been able to figure out where people are getting the numbers. I know it's a conversion, but what is it? Hex80 is not 100 dec and neither is 0e60 1350...

Also, is there a place I can find out what all the dumpreg values correspond to?
    BTW - in my testing I set 14 to 81, and the age was set to 100. something then my getcapacity was 5. something. right now it's age=100.00000 full = 1350, cap' = 7.162

odd. I think there are other factors that affect the cap.
    BTW - I set the getfull40 to 1263.125 a few mAh below the first batteryfault message. It seems to be working. There haven't been any faults since then. PLUS. my capacity is showing 1262.126 [this even though my age it 100.00000] something else is affecting it.
    nice though. Not 1350, but 1260ish!
    BTW - I set the getfull40 to 1263.125 a few mAh below the first batteryfault message. It seems to be working. There haven't been any faults since then. PLUS. my capacity is showing 1262.126 [this even though my age it 100.00000] something else is affecting it.
    nice though. Not 1350, but 1260ish!
    Would you be kind enough to explain how to set the 'getfull40' ? I am savvy with Ubuntu, but not this embedded business!
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    Would you be kind enough to explain how to set the 'getfull40' ? I am savvy with Ubuntu, but not this embedded business!
    Don't want to highjack this thread but:
    The whole story is in my thread. Here is how to set the full40 registers.
    But please read the whole thread. It's better you understand what you do.
    It's not enough to set the full40. You need to recalibrate later. For you as ubuntu user it would be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Don't want to highjack this thread but:
    The whole story is in my thread. Here is how to set the full40 registers.
    But please read the whole thread. It's better you understand what you do.
    It's not enough to set the full40. You need to recalibrate later. For you as ubuntu user it would be easy.
    Thanks somline... I read MOST of the thread. It was a bit too long to read every word. I have the commands ready to input to change the full40... but am confused on re-calibration. Is that considered just a few drain/charge cycles or is there a command to do it that I missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    Thanks somline... I read MOST of the thread. It was a bit too long to read every word. I have the commands ready to input to change the full40... but am confused on re-calibration. Is that considered just a few drain/charge cycles or is there a command to do it that I missed?
    Because I know it's long I rebuild the first page with an abstract.
    The best way to recalibrate (I know of) is to use my script.
    It will not change (write) anything into your pre or battery but monitor the registers of the battery and guide you through the calibration process.
    If the recalibration is successfully the AGE value gets recalculated to get the real capacity your battery has.
    You need one full discharge and charge circle with the script.

EDIT: For some reasons it's not working for all at the first time (or at all) ;-(
    EDIT2: Here is how Nuttybunny was doing it (I think with the same battery you have).
    EDIT3: Sorry, no his is a rated 2300mAh bat
    Last edited by somline; 08/18/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    OK, so I have been testing mine. It overcharges at 1275mAh. not bad...
    That's good - but have you run the battery down to 0% after this and see if you can get a full discharge cycle now? And not a sudden drop from 15 or 20% to 0%?

At least 1275 is a lot better than 1150 like the Seidio's.
    jus purchased one of these figured it will replace my OEM battery and i can use the original which has a getcapacity of 859.561 as a back up. not expecting anything extraordinary jus need a second battery and cant beat the price
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    got 1 there be sure to chk the level/age using internalz tho!
    becuz of this thread i ordered one. 10 bucks?! cant beat that. i recently overclocked my pre, having a larger capacity battery, + a spare , is kinda nec now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12