1.    #1  
    does anyone else have this problem? The bottom of my 3 week old ts is not sticky any remedies?
    I just wipe mine off with a damp lint free cloth wait for it to dry and that should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    does anyone else have this problem? The bottom of my 3 week old ts is not sticky any remedies?
    Use a piece of duck tape, and pull the dust off the bottom of it, or wipe the bottom with window cleaner. Work great for me. Ps. It should be sticking good, being it's only three weeks old.
    I use a diaper wipe. Wipe off the bottom of the touchstone, and the surface you wish to apply it to, then let both air dry (takes a matter of seconds) and the reapply.

Works like a charm.
    You are very observant, yes indeed the bottom isn't 'sticky' rather it's 'suctiony'

Since they are little are pockets which act like a suction cup you just need to clean them out to get them to work again. Other people have good suggestions, and it is perfectly fine to just use water.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Duct tape. Duct. Not duck.

I find it's a kind of gel underneath the touchstone that isn't really sticky to the hands, but rather adhesive to flat surfaces. Do you mean yours doesnt feel sticky, or it's not actually sticking to the table?
    you got to lick it; before you stick it
    Palm prē-ist.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post

I find it's a kind of gel underneath the touchstone that isn't really sticky to the hands, but rather adhesive to flat surfaces. Do you mean yours doesnt feel sticky, or it's not actually sticking to the table?
    wont stick to the desk anymore.

btw @uravatar OMG calcifer! <3 lol i love that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Duck Tapes are a different matter entirely. Once you've seen the legendary "One Night In Daisy", you know what I mean.
    I wipe it down with a warm damp cloth. Just like new.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i used to (used to, as i don't have a pre anymore!! ( ) just place it on the table, and not move it for like two days. then, when i'd try, it'd be SOLID
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I wash my Touchstone with soap and water(the same soap you wash my hands with, nothing special) and that's it. I put the water on my hands and rub my fingers on the bottom of the touchstone. Then I take a washcloth and wet it thoroughly and rub the bottom of the touchstone with it. Then I put soap on my hands and rub it onto the bottom of the touchstone thoroughly, but careful as not to damage it. Then i use that same washcloth as before in the same way. Then get a dry washcloth and clean off the soapy water, then I use the wet washcloth (no soap) again and finally I dry it off. I do it pretty much every month or so and I just do the above- it requires almost no thought. It's simple as can be. It sucks that we need to do it, but you can't get around it no matter what.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Actually, it started out as duck tape, due to its ability to waterproof ammo cases for the US military. (Invented by Johnson&Johnson.) It was changed to duct tape when it was commercialized for consumer use, as it was found to be excellent at sealing duct work.
    The solution is to own 4 touchstones and not move them. That's what I did when they went on firesale.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Actually, it started out as duck tape, due to its ability to waterproof ammo cases for the US military. (Invented by Johnson&Johnson.) It was changed to duct tape when it was commercialized for consumer use, as it was found to be excellent at sealing duct work.
    often it was refered to as "Hundred mile an hour tape" because they used it to repair holes in the the wings of planes...