Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    trying to decide which to get... i don't know which performs better aside from the currents that they labeled their batteries with.
    I have had the 1400 mAh for almost 3 months. It works well. I couldn't do the whole 5 times to no charge for the battery to "work right." But I did manage to do it within the month. Now my battery lasts longer than ever. Normal usage. At least an hour a day of heavy use because of my lunch break. I make calls, play games, stream podcasts mostly. Helps that I have a charger in the car in case I go out after work. As I could be as low as 54% some days, and that's usually around 4 pm. Might take a few weeks for you to see a change, but it was worth it. No problems at all. You might even see a quicker improvement if you aren't as new to the pre and have regular usage habits.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply. but i would like someone to do a comparison. i hope someone has both batteries and tell me their experiences about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by reiyu View Post
    trying to decide which to get... i don't know which performs better aside from the currents that they labeled their batteries with.
    Neither... get a Seidio 2600 mAH or Amzer/Mugen 2800 mAH battery... the size difference is negligible compared to the performance gain. My Seidio 2600 hasn't let me down yet and it is still pretty svelte looking.
    Stock sized extended batteries FTW!
    novaterm in to check your actual capacity.

cat /sys/devices/w1*/32*/getcapacity

my 1400mAh mugen battery only reports about 1170. bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by newman314 View Post
    novaterm in to check your actual capacity.

cat /sys/devices/w1*/32*/getcapacity

my 1400mAh mugen battery only reports about 1170. bummer.
    my >1 year old stock battery reports 979. Would be interesting to see what the seido reports.
    I'd get an extended battery if they'd make the replacement door Touchstone-compatible. The extra thickness of the Pre, while not ideal, would bother me very little. But not being able to use my Touchstones? Fail.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    yea my seidio innocell 1350mAh is only reporting 1113 , had it for 3 months at the most
    Last edited by max167; 07/20/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Seidio seems to be pretty good at accurately reporting the mAh for their batteries, I think amzer exaggerates a little bit.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    You can, of course, buy a modified back for an extended battery, or do it yourself. I am not affiliated with this site: Touchstone Compatible Extended Batteries Palm Pre www.TouchstoneMods.com But I've heard good things about it.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I'd get an extended battery if they'd make the replacement door Touchstone-compatible. The extra thickness of the Pre, while not ideal, would bother me very little. But not being able to use my Touchstones? Fail.
    yup, see below and try Touchstone Compatible Extended Batteries Palm Pre www.TouchstoneMods.com

I've been considering making the plunge myself, but haven't yet
    stock is 998.261 1st try. Second try is the same. I'll try it again when my batt is fully charged, but I dount it'll change. It's a launch day battery.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    I'm wondering, if you get a 2600 batt, it's probably 2500 new. Then after a few months and it degrades to 2000 (theoretical) is the size difference worth it?
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    My stock OEM Palm battery states 1173.236
    Hmm, I will pop in Seidio 1350 mAh battery later to see what the capacity is...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I ran the cat /sys/devices/w1*/32*/getcapacity command and my Seidio 2600 reported only 661.60mah in capacity. I wonder why it's so low. My stock Palm Pre battery reported 1173.45mah. Any ideas?
    Seidio 1350mAh (8 months old) shows me 1068.552 at 40% charge right now.
    My stock battery is at 1155.041, is that good?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I just did it for my Mugen 1400 also and it was only 15.122. Strange...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    My stock OEM Palm battery states 1173.236
    Hmm, I will pop in Seidio 1350 mAh battery later to see what the capacity is...
    How is that even possible? The stock Pre battery is supposed to be 1150 mAh. O.o
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast