Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just an update, my Seidio 1350 mAh does not report correctly...But, my other stock OEM Palm battery states 1164.282. The battery is my older battery and I believe it is the one that came with my Pre Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    My stock OEM Palm battery states 1173.236
    Hmm, I will pop in Seidio 1350 mAh battery later to see what the capacity is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Just an update, my Seidio 1350 mAh does not report correctly.
    So what does it report? At one time, there were some posts saying that it reported the same as a stock battery- 1150 mAh. I wouldn't be surprised if that's all it was, just a re-labeled 1150.

I believe the Mugen 1400 didn't report 1400, but it did report in the mid 1300's.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    heres a question for those with better knowledge of how batteries work - is there a chance these aftermarket batteries lose charge quicker on a daily basis? I'm wondering if my mugen can't sustain a charge as well as the stock. Or are they all one and the same, jus different capacities?
  4.    #44  
    i plugged in my mugen 1400 battery, and do the getcapacity command. it says 108.444... but the battery is better than my stock. even my seidio 2600 reports as 1150. really weird.
    It's known for a fact that a full charge of Pre's standard 1150mAh battery will get you through a whole day, just barely. What if you're in a situation where you needed just 30 or 40 minutes more on your phone? Yeah, you could always buy another standard battery as backup for $49.99 $37.95. OR you can purchase an extended battery, like Amzer's 1400mAh extended battery for the Palm Pre. It adds no extra bulk, and offers up to 20% more juice!

The battery does offer about 15%-18% more juice (depending on what you're running on the phone). And it doesn't take much longer to get a full charge either.
    My Seidio 1350 mAh battery reported it's capacity to be 1325.488 mAh. Not bad. But 30 seconds later, I checked the capacity with the same command. 30 seconds later, no exaggeration. This time it reported a capacity of 1324.350 mAh. What's going on here?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    im really confused. Ive typed the command into terminal and webosquickinstall linux command line and it says 18.617.... why is my number so small?

Edit: 5 mins later now it says 16.287... ***?
  8.    #48  
    same with me. guess the program isn't accurate at all.
    Just got Amzer 1400. Am trying the charge up ... rundown. On second time over 3 days. Battery gets to about 50% and drops suddenly to 5% and Pre shuts down (as it should). Phone gives overheat warning (patch) when recharging. Never had that issue with my original battery even though I run that down to shutdown periodically.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    (2600mAh) Seidio Innocell Extended Battery for the Palm Pre ....i can get this for 20 dollars should i do it?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    just checked again after a week of charge cycles... still says 20.546 when checked through the terminal app on the Pre... somethings not reporting correctly for me... maybe its because of all the patches I have installed?
    OK - this is weird. My stock battery showed 1182.754 ar 66 %. swapped in the 2250 i bought on ebay [an I know it lasts longer because I used it for two weeks.] and it reports 544.725 @ 64%! that's right. less than half the stock, when it should be more than double.

What is up?

BTW, This is my second phone and is about a week old. the first on was lost, but it used to have this problem with the stock batt. It would be @ 100% on the charger in the morning, then an hour later be below 10%, then take hours to charge, and then act normal.

the new one hasn't done it yet.
    wow - my old centro battery [identical to pre's batt'] shows 451.568 @78%
    OK - I understand a little bit now. This thread [Find out how good/bad your battery is ]
    tells the story of two files. Apparently getfull40 is a file that stores the capacity of the battery when it's fully charged... in the battery's chip.
    now here's the weird thing. The formula is reportedly getfull40/getage = getcapacity.
    But my 2250 reports 544.725. however, the getfull40 is 2183.125 and the getage is 100.000 which should be 2183.125. so, where does the 544.### come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    OK - I understand a little bit now. This thread [Find out how good/bad your battery is ]
    tells the story of two files. Apparently getfull40 is a file that stores the capacity of the battery when it's fully charged... in the battery's chip.
    No it's (almost) the capacity your battery had when it was new.
    now here's the weird thing. The formula is reportedly getfull40/getage = getcapacity.
    The formula is: getfull40 * getage / 100 = getcapacity.
    But my 2250 reports 544.725. however, the getfull40 is 2183.125 and the getage is 100.000 which should be 2183.125. so, where does the 544.### come from?
    Yes thats weird. For some unknown reason the huge batteries report some false information.
    yea i was just about to post something reporting about getfull40 and getage since i think some people were interpretting some things wrong at first. Im glad someone else mentioned it though. Also, instead of using terminal to find the information, i prefer to use internalz. Easier for me instead of having to type in commands every time.

And I have a Sprint Pre. about 13 or 14 months old (i think. I cant remember when i got it exactly. Im thinking around june 2009). Stock battery reported with a getage of 90.62500. so about 91% of my batteries original capacity still is usable. i have a getfull40 of 1183.125 which gives me a getcapacity of 1071.878.
    You're right about the formula. That's what I meant. capacity new times age in percent.
    And I still don't know why it's so far off.
    My centro battery just reported 1183.125 [seems to be the factory setting] 83.59375% and 988.655 capacity.

that seems right.
    And I still don't know why it's so far off.
    As said: Seems to be "normal" for the huge batteries. But you still get this extra juice out of it ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    As said: Seems to be "normal" for the huge batteries. But you still get this extra juice out of it ;-)
    Thanks. I don't use this battery though because the back that came with it has a bezel that make the camera fuzzy when the flash is on because of reflection...

I do have a 1350 coming in the mail....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast