Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Now that the 2600mah battery has been out forever, I wanted to ask if anyone had developed any problems with the size or look after having it for awhile. I never really thought I would need one but lately my battery has been dying rather quickly and im really considering it.

Is it really that much bigger?

i know i could probably find out easily but have the made a touchstone back for it yet? or are people still ghetto rigging it! haha
    Last edited by ChillHill; 07/19/2010 at 01:17 AM.
    I have the Seidio and really don't care for the aesthetic of it. I wish really wish there was something in the middle because I do love the ergonomics that the larger battery offers. The 2600 makes the phone look very outdated. If anybody from Seidio is reading this please for the love of god come out with a 1600 or 1800 with a slightly larger back than stock that also retains the original lines of the OE cover as well.
    Here's one size comparison: Seidio 2600 mAh Extended Palm Pre Battery. As you can see, the 2600mah battery makes the Pre much thicker. Personally, I couldn't handle this myself--I'll stick with my extra standard battery.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Apparently Mugen makes a 1400 that fits in the stock cover. I have the Plus, so the stock cover is TS, I don't want to give that up, and I also hate the size of the "fat-backs".
    I used the stock battery on my Pre for a few weeks and hated the terrible battery life. I bought the 2600mah as soon as I found out about it. I like the phone being slightly larger - it gives me a better grip. While I do lose some pocket space with the added size, I enjoy the longer battery life.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    If it wasn't for my Seidio 2600 battery, I don't think my Pre would be very useful. Ironically, I have had complete strangers ask me about it as they pull out their Pre. I can go a full day and a half at normal use. Only problem I have had is when I called Seidio to get the specially designed case for the 2600 battery. Sold out and no idea when new ones will be available. Better hope I don't drop my phone
    OBTW, got mine on Amazon for about $40. Free 2 day shipping.
    I like the increasd size of the 2600 battery and back. I have large hands and it makes it much more comfortable in my hand. I can use my phone for 2 days without charging when I need to whereas the stock battery would barely make it through my normal one day usage. I have taken cross country flights and wathed 2 movies on my phone while flying and still had plenty of battery left to use google maps to navigate to the hotel. I don't mind having to plug the charger straight into the phone, TS is nice and I may modify my 2600 back to use TS someday.The bottom line is that if you don't mind the size change it is well worth having the 2600 to handle the high usage demand days.
    I just ordered an Amzer replacement door off ebay. A big part of my dislike of my 2600 is the shape and large matte door that came with the Seidio. I'm going to see if the Amzer looks a little better since I really do like the feel and extra juice the larger batteries offer. Not sure if you've seen this:

In-depth Look at Palm Pre Super Extended Battery! 2800mAh and Monstrous 3800 mAh, get your Pre running for days. - all things Palm Pre - PreThinking