Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    No, you're right they don't have that exact deal for the Pre, but when you look at the details of the deal offered the touchstone is $9.97, you just have to buy the other junk too to get that price. So, unless anyone needs a car charger, might as well buy the Pixi bundle and sell the touchstone cover.
    I'm with you, but would love to get a cheap couple pre back covers..... need 2 back covers, plus 2 of the touchstones.... for the price of a pre back cover and the cheap touchstone, it's running about the same price as pre back and touchstone on ebay.

It's not a bad deal, but 10 bucks for the whole thing is killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Damit i need one with pre back cover any one ???
    cheapest deal I have found so far is the pre backcover at bestbuy (running for about 17 IIRC). There are a couple on ebay decently cheap after shipping.
    Okay i ordered one but need a palm pre back the hunt is ON
    let me know if you find any deals
    bought 3... anyone want the pixi back covers??? LOL... 10$ for just a touchstone isn't bad....
    Mine arrived today, I ordered it on Tuesday, The car chargers are not palm car chargers, they are Verizon branded, but it did plug into the touchstone with out any trimming, and it did charge the pre through the touchstone, but I did not see any milliamp rating on the charger it self.
    was looking at the price on amazon and saw this review... made me LOL

"The Palm Pre Touchstone Back Cover I received was too small for the back of my Palm Pre. I almost destroyed my phone in the process. "
    Wanted to get one for a while and a good price. Kept missing the sales. Thanks.
    I bought 3 but need 2 Pre back covers as well. I heard you can take out the guts of the Pixi cover and possibly use them in the Pre. Has anyone done this or know of a thread or link that talks about it? I've tried searching...
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny6man View Post
    I bought 3 but need 2 Pre back covers as well. I heard you can take out the guts of the Pixi cover and possibly use them in the Pre. Has anyone done this or know of a thread or link that talks about it? I've tried searching...
    I was thinking about this, looked at pics of the backs yesterday, dunno if I want to try it. (ohh and I didn't search for any info on it, but I do remember reading about the guy that did it with his EVO).
    Those guts might be there for a reason...just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I was thinking about this, looked at pics of the backs yesterday, dunno if I want to try it. (ohh and I didn't search for any info on it, but I do remember reading about the guy that did it with his EVO).
    Yeah, I read about that too. Also, there is a thread about taking the Pre touchstone cover guts out and putting them on the extended battery cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Those guts might be there for a reason...just a guess.
    I'm going to see if I can remove the guts from the pixi cover that will come with the touchstone and put it in my pre cover since I don't have a pixi (It doesn't seem like you understood me). Hopefully it is possible so I don't have to buy the Pre touchstone cover.
    I'm going to see if I can remove the guts from the pixi cover that will come with the touchstone and put it in my pre cover since I don't have a pixi (It doesn't seem like you understood me). Hopefully it is possible so I don't have to buy the Pre touchstone cover.
    Thinking I am gonna have to order up 2 of these, then either bite the bullet and buy a back or go the hack method. Maybe I buy one back then use my spare back to see if I can make a second.
    AAaah..now i see what you mean....lemme know how it works out =)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    Mine arrived today, I ordered it on Tuesday, The car chargers are not palm car chargers, they are Verizon branded, but it did plug into the touchstone with out any trimming, and it did charge the pre through the touchstone, but I did not see any milliamp rating on the charger it self.
    Thank you.. I was waiting for someone t test it.

onces again thank you
    ok, maybe it's because I have the VerizonPre PLUS ...but Iam confusedby the need for aspecific back for the Preto use the Touchstone? What in the back could prevent the charging?
    If you have a phone with a back that isn't made for the touchstone it won't charge. Do a google image search, you will see the difference between the backs.

Ohh and I just ordered 2, couldn't pass up the price!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petedahl View Post
    ok, maybe it's because I have the VerizonPre PLUS ...but Iam confusedby the need for aspecific back for the Preto use the Touchstone? What in the back could prevent the charging?
    Pete,

From what I've read, the Verizon Palm PrePlus's shipped with the touchstone back. It has the metal to match against the TS Magnets, the inductive coil to align with the TS coil, and two little contacts that match to the back of the pre itself to pass the inductive charge to the charging circuit.
    Got me an extra touchstone for the bathroom! That makes 4! 1 in car desk, bed room and now bathroom!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast