Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I just got a Palm Pre and here in the Canadian malls, there's barely anything.

So which case is the ultimate case? I was looking @ this precentral website and found there was two I really liked (top sellers) but I'm undecided.

Along with the case, I should get a screen protector too, eh? I guess I'll go for the one the most popular in that sticky thread.
    GRT case, because it snaps to utself instead of the phone. Much better action.
    either the GRT Case or the Otterbox case... I have the otterbox and love it... Also a screen protector is always a great thing to have.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    either the GRT Case or the Otterbox case... I have the otterbox and love it... Also a screen protector is always a great thing to have.
    Hmm, brand new Otterbox on ebay 99.5% seller for 22$ USD. Done.

Does the Otterbox come with a protector of its own? Description made it seem like it did or is that something different altogether?

Thanks alot

EDIT: #

Layer 1: Self-adhering clear protective film
    (cleaning cloth and installation card included)
    Layer 2: Custom molded polycarbonate
    shell with TPR over-molding

..is what it says
    DEFINITELY the GRT Case! NNow comes in multiple colors! I go a RED one!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodooi View Post
    Hmm, brand new Otterbox on ebay 99.5% seller for 22$ USD. Done.

Does the Otterbox come with a protector of its own? Description made it seem like it did or is that something different altogether?

Thanks alot

EDIT: #

Layer 1: Self-adhering clear protective film
    (cleaning cloth and installation card included)
    Layer 2: Custom molded polycarbonate
    shell with TPR over-molding

..is what it says
    yes it does come with a cheapo screen protector... but I threw it away and went to Best Buy and got the Invisible Shield full body cover..... Feels sooo much better... 100% scratch proof.... On a side note the GRT case clips to itself... The Otterbox clips to the phone but I have not had any issues with it.
    i have the seidio innocase and like most others, the tabs that hold mine together have broken off. im thinking about getting one of the grt cases everyone has been raving about. just have to figure out what kind of belt clip will fit it!
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    i have the seidio innocase and like most others, the tabs that hold mine together have broken off. im thinking about getting one of the grt cases everyone has been raving about. just have to figure out what kind of belt clip will fit it!
    I have a grt case and I also got a leather case from sprint store. It's basically generic but it's perfect,plenty of room and it has a belt clip attached,all one piece. Works well with the hard case.
    I have the palm side leather case and my phone is naked and the case and phone still look brand new. Now I never lay it down with out it being in it's case except to use it or charge it but it's worth it.
    Ok I just got the AGFindings case from AT&T and it's great. I found a pretty cool vertical leather slide-in case at Five Below for $5 that fits perfectly so I'm a happy guy
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have a grt case and I also got a leather case from sprint store. It's basically generic but it's perfect,plenty of room and it has a belt clip attached,all one piece. Works well with the hard case.
    Got the Sprint (GRT) case, went to my local frys and found a few BB type soft cases that fit. I went with the cheaper one (spent less than 10) it comes with a belt clip, but I don't use it since I drop the phone in my pocket I just wanted something more than a screen protector to protect the screen from my keys. Has worked great so far on over 8 months (I am using a screen protector too). I used to not go overboard on my phones, but the last few I have at least done some sort of case.... got tired of phone taking unneeded abuse and damage, plus the case makes it easier to hold onto the egg shaped phone.
    I highly recommend the Skinomi screen protector (the one that covers the screen only, not the one that wraps around the sides; if you have a Pre Plus, don't mess up the feel of the Touchstone back with a Skinomi back).

I also love my Amzer 8" gooseneck car windshield mount--it's custom-designed for the Pre (the picture on Amazon is wrong, wrong, wrong), but it's incompatible with any of the Pre cases (even the Seidio Innocase). Consequently, I don't use a case (other than the OEM microfiber case, that is).

The best price for both items is on Amazon. Sorry, but I'm not allowed to provide links in my posts, yet (still a forum newb).
    I had 2 Seidio cases and 1 generic one I bought at a Sprint kiosk and the clips and face plates broke on all three. 2 weeks ago I got an Otterbox case and the face broke on it yesterday while it was just sitting on my desk doing nothing...just snapped on the upper right corner and popped off. Fortunately, I have a full protection Invisi-Shield to make up for the faulty clips and fragile face plates.
    Anyone else got any better ideas or have these issues?
    d,

the cases that I and others have recommended snap to itself and not the phone. Arguably the best case(s) on the market. I did crack one of the face surrounds (but the case comes with 1 back and 2 face pieces).
    Does anyone know of a case that is touchstone compatible? I have been wanting a case for my Pre since I got it (Aug 2009), but have been wary because I keep my phone on the touchstone at work all day and don't want to have to take the case off in order to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda3616 View Post
    Does anyone know of a case that is touchstone compatible? I have been wanting a case for my Pre since I got it (Aug 2009), but have been wary because I keep my phone on the touchstone at work all day and don't want to have to take the case off in order to do so.
    the cases being talked about by me and most, are also touchstone compatible. Sprint/VZW/GRT (pretty sure it's the GRT that is the same as the Sprint and VZW).
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda3616 View Post
    Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF

Completely encases the phone. Snaps to itself rather than to the phone. Allows for easy access to the keyboard. Comes in a few different colors. Keeps the "oreo" from happening or reduces the "oreo" if it's already happening. Comes with 1-Front and 2-backs (one TS and one closed). You might also visit an AT&T store as I think they have them packaged with 2-fronts and 2-backs; giving you a "change of face" as it were. There is also somewhere else on the forums a link to purchase online from AT&T for a reduced price but you might have to be an AT&T customer. The site also has an embedded YouTube video showing you the case on the phone and they've recently added some different configurations (can purchase a different front separately).

Good luck!