1.    #1  
    OK! My Pre+ (ATT) and my laptop have found each other (sigh!). Yay. This is good, right? So what can I do now?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    Not much...
    Other than play music from your pre through your laptop's speakers. I'm still waiting on OBEX file transfer capability. My lame instinct had it. :/
  3.    #3  
    Wow. Really? Well, that's disappointing.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    I think you can tether with the correct programs/services installed, but I haven't gotten tethering working through bluetooth, only using power-hungry wifi.
    i think you are referring to getting your phone connected to the laptop as a device. In USB mode you can't do much but copy files between them. In developer mode you can install qebOSquickinstall and from there you can install Preware. Have you done that?

That's the most powerful thing about your phone - preware

Also, while connected AT&T has the option to let you "tether" so your phone can provide a broadband connection for your laptop...
  6.    #6  
    Really? I can tether with ATT? I thought that wasn't allowed. Is that the same as Mobile Hot Spot?

Oh, and yes, I have Preware, but I don't overclock, and I don't doctor (to let you know the extent of my abilities!).

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    i think you are referring to getting your phone connected to the laptop as a device.
    No, she's talking about a bluetooth connection between her phone and laptop. (This is the Palm Pre Bluetooth forum.)

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    No, she's talking about a bluetooth connection between her phone and laptop. (This is the Palm Pre Bluetooth forum.)
    Can she use Bluetooth to tether?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Can she use Bluetooth to tether?
    I think so. Someone posted instructions recently
    (or I came across the post recently). I didn't note the source; I don't tether.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Also, while connected AT&T has the option to let you "tether" so your phone can provide a broadband connection for your laptop...
    Are you sure about this? I have a Pre+ on AT&T and I've never seen this option or anyway to tether without homebrew.