Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    A Pixi can be used with most miniUSB cables and the T-S with some miniUSB chargers with the following microUSB-to-miniUSB adaper found for $.99 (+$.88 S&H) here:

Motorola Mini USB to Micro Adapter Converter charger C7 - eBay (item 260614522955 end time Jul-04-10 11:28:31 PDT)

I bought 5 and the seller still only charged $.88 total for S&H and they came pretty fast considering shipment form Hong Kong.
    Last edited by philesk; 07/02/2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Clarify original post
    have you tested it? i haven't had much luck with non-palm chargers.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I haven't tested the one from this seller, but I had one of these lying around from an old phone and it works fine for data and charging.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Clarified original post. T-S requires a charger and will not work off of a USB port on a computer.

The charger you use has to be capable of putting out the 1000ma of current required by the T-S. Most microUSB chargers only do 500ma, and although that is enough to charge a Pre or Pixi (slowly) it is NOT enough to activate the T-S. HOWEVER, several minUSB chargers can put out 1000ma.

Also, the Motorola adapter will physically fit fine in the T-S receptacle without having to grind it down. And, this is a great price. I paid almost $5.00 for the first Motorola adapter I bought....
    Last edited by philesk; 07/02/2010 at 02:40 PM.
    I am trying to run the Touchstone in car as charger using Palm cable, but the cigarette
    adapter won't power it (it runs ITouch so working).
    Any ideas on what is needed to run off car??

Thanks.