1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to transfer files from any cellphone to a palm pre using the bluetooth option? Is this posible?
    cant be done at the present time... USB cable is your best option. or email.
    Wi-fi Media will also allow you to sync and transfer some files.
  4.    #4  
    Do you know the process? I will really appreciate if you help.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Dropboxify (app for the Dropbox service) or ZumoDrive (app for a service of the same name) will allow you to transfer files through the cloud. You push the file from the Pre to the cloud and the cloud pushes the changes down to all the computers that share that same account. It also works in reverse (computer-to-Pre) except that you need to initiate the sync on the Pre (ie pull instead of push). The beauty is that it works the same way 3-ft away and 3,000 miles away, plus WiFi is faster that BT, actually 3G is often times faster than BT as well.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    its a shame that it cant be done via bluetooth
    Wifi file transfer thru Filezilla works great and is free. Search the forums for step-by-step instructions.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Dropboxify (app for the Dropbox service) or ZumoDrive (app for a service of the same name) will allow you to transfer files through the cloud. You push the file from the Pre to the cloud and the cloud pushes the changes down to all the computers that share that same account. It also works in reverse (computer-to-Pre) except that you need to initiate the sync on the Pre (ie pull instead of push). The beauty is that it works the same way 3-ft away and 3,000 miles away, plus WiFi is faster that BT, actually 3G is often times faster than BT as well.
    Do you prefer Dropboxify or ZumoDrive?
    is anyone working on a patch to open up the bule tooth capabilities. for things like tranfering contacts pics from one pre to another
    As far as i heard it could be available when WebOS 1.5 comes out...
    see thread here
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    see thread here
    This means the hardware bluetooth installed doesn't supoort OBEX or the WebOS is the one that doesn't support or knows how to use it,

Because now the the full PDK is out, maybe someone can develop something.
    Awesome!
    Thanks! very useful stuff
    So, with WebOS 2.0 out, anyone tried bluetooth file transfer?
    This is really the one point where the pre falls short.
    I keep bragging on how great webos is but anytime s.one wants to send me a file over BT I don't quite succeed in explaining the situation.
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    The bluetooth situation is sad. All dumbphones can easily transfer via BT, but the pre can't? My 10yo daughter and her friends swap java/jpg/mp3 files on their dumbphones all day long, and when she tries to send to me on my (supposed) superphone:FAIL. What do I hear? "Daddy, like,OMG, I want an iPhone!"

Did you hear that too (H)Palm???!!

Oh and release phones AND open the app store to the rest of the world!
    I can live with H(Palm) not including the appropriate Bluetooth profiles enabling file transfers as it can lead to a lot of software piracy and media piracy.

But, are you telling me that after a year and a half, and with the supposedly "open" WebOS platform that there is not a SINGLE WebOS developer who hasn't come up with a patch, application, or hacked solution to this?

Seriously?

This feels like a more political situation than technological, because even a Jail-broken iPhone can do Bluetooth file transfer these days.
    Last edited by lancewright; 01/21/2011 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling corrections