1.    #1  
    I travel a lot and try to reduce the number of giblets I take with me. I was able to charge my previous phones from my laptops USB but it seems the touchstone does not work that way

I really don't want to open and close the microUSB on the phones because I know I will break them in short order.

Am I missing something or is this by design.

Thanks
    Lou
    the Palm Pre can take 1amp where most usb only output 1/2 amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    the Palm Pre can take 1amp where most usb only output 1/2 amp.
    This. The Touchstone requires more power than the 500 milliamp specs of the USB standard. The phone will charge via USB, but the induction charging requires more power.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    it works with the Palm car adapter, so you can use your touchstone as a car kit...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I even tried a USB connector that has two heads (used for powering some external USB devices which need more power than can be delivered by just one port, such as older USB DVD palayers, and HDDs). No luck.

I too am worried about the little flap on the T-S back, so I just go an extra at Radio Shack at a VERY low closeout price. Hurry, 'cause they are going fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    I travel a lot and try to reduce the number of giblets I take with me. I was able to charge my previous phones from my laptops USB but it seems the touchstone does not work that way

I really don't want to open and close the microUSB on the phones because I know I will break them in short order.

Thanks
    Lou
    it's not supposed to work that way, says so in the manual, you're not supposed to hook the touchstone to your comp
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    it's not supposed to work that way, says so in the manual, you're not supposed to hook the touchstone to your comp
    ^ You're correct, BUT dang you actually read the manual...How many people actually read the manual?

But yah, not way in Hell is the USB port goingto be able to inductive charge the Pre.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post

Thanks
    Lou
    Youre only adding 1 more piece if you bring the plug adapter with you...i mean you are already lugging around a paperweight, whats one little plastic adapter. Leave it all pieced together and now you're only carrying one thing either way you look at it.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    ^ You're correct, BUT dang you actually read the manual...How many people actually read the manual?
    I do, even if only so I can still use RTFM occasionally. Nothing more embarrassing than saying RTFM when the manual doesn't have anything about the subject.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  10.    #10  
    Manual

Yeah I know it;s only one thing but I tend to leave things in hotel rooms and then pay fedex to get them back. Good thinking on RS...