Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    those things can all connect directly to the phone by bluetooth and wifi. why would you want to route them through a big magnet?
    That is very true... The less physical connections we need, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That is very true... The less physical connections we need, the better.
    yep. to suggest otherwise would be like requesting that you be able to pump gas and your fm radio through your radiator. They have nothing in common.

same with charging (transmitting power through a magnet) vs sending data to/from a phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    i really really really dont understand the need for a compass, most phones have gps now and alot of ppl have seperate gps systems in their phones anyway, and if your a hiker outdoorsman then you most likely have a seperate compass anyway.

baffles me that ppl want a compass so bad, i mean how often are u really going to be using it? i'd rather have a spiffy charger then a compass i will never use.

if they do include a compass i hope your right and they redesign the touchstone i couldn't be without it, but there aren't very many ways to make it stick without docking it and docking isn't the same as it magically sticking on there via magnets, i can't think of any other way to make it stay there that isn't tacky, cheap, or just plain no good. :/
    A compass is usefuil in coperation with GPS because in order for GPS to accurately show you where to go, you have to be moving. w/o a compass, a standing still GPS has no idea which direction you are facing and therefore can't tell you to turn left right or go straight.

Also don't forget even WAAS enabled GPS can only promise accuracy down to ~9 feet. when standing still, your gps continually getting its fix within a 9' radius of where you're standing might interpret you moving backward or side to side

I'm a geocacher, so I've used GPSr's both with and without compass and beleive me GPS + compass = win. I would hate to sacrifice a touchstone tho. The touchstone is the big reason I haven't upgraded my battery yet (otehrwise I'd be all over the +125% sedio batt)

--MGb
    Why would H-Palm abandon such an award-winning accessory? It is something that sets these devices apart. Sure you can get aftermarket solutions for other phones but they are nowhere near as elegant.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post

I'm a geocacher, so I've used GPSr's both with and without compass and beleive me GPS + compass = win. I would hate to sacrifice a touchstone tho. The touchstone is the big reason I haven't upgraded my battery yet (otehrwise I'd be all over the +125% sedio batt)

--MGb

...FYI there is a PreCentral member that will retrofit your 2600 batt to work with touchstone. that's next on my list of things I have to get. I think he charges $50 including return shipping.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Maybe they are redesigning it so the phone doesn't heat up like it currently does when using it...
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12