Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Amazon.com: JustMobile Gum Pro Power Pack - External battery pack 4400 mAh: Electronics

anyone give these a try? from wat i read you just connect via microusb and it charges the phone on the go 4400mh not bad but just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?
    yes. I've had a cheap little Energizer 'emergency charger' for a while now. It just takes 2 batteries (AA or AAA) & has a micro USB tip. Charges pretty quick, makes me feel secure if I'm out of range to recharge w/ an outlet & MUST have my Pre. Also, when my daughter has had a low battery she uses it for her BB storm. No issues.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aroyalty View Post
    yes. I've had a cheap little Energizer 'emergency charger' for a while now. It just takes 2 batteries (AA or AAA) & has a micro USB tip. Charges pretty quick, makes me feel secure if I'm out of range to recharge w/ an outlet & MUST have my Pre. Also, when my daughter has had a low battery she uses it for her BB storm. No issues.

awesome! i was thinking of getting the one listed above instead of an extra battery since the cost is around the same. i'll search and see if i can find that energizer one and compare.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    there is out there on ebay a micoUSB 1500mAh portable chargers speciall for USB phones like Palm Pre and other phones. its small light
    I just decided yesterday to get one of these from dealextreme. Granted, they're only 2400mAh and fugly, but on the other hand, it's only 1/4 of the price.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  6.    #6  
    good find!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    How long does it take to charge your phone.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I got the Sprint battery pack. It comes with an array of plug-in options, so you can use it for just about anything. I use it to charge my Pre, my bluetooth, and my Kindle. It's great, and it doesn't tie you down.
    sepherous, make sure to also thank WalterH in this thread. That's where I got the tip, so credit where credit is due.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    sepherous, make sure to also thank WalterH in this thread. That's where I got the tip, so credit where credit is due.
    done
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have a Kensington battery that I found for something like $14 somewhere, buy.com or tiger direct I think. It works well but only charges the Pre, perhaps, once.

I also have a Luck Packs I-UP 5400mah battery pack. I can probably get three charges out of this. It's the same as a 3GJuice Major Moto, which I also considered, the Lucky Pack was just a bit less expensive. My only complaint with the Lucky Pack is that it does not notice my blue tooth headsets and will not charge them. It just turns off shortly after activating. The Kensington covers those though.

I'll use both of these in the Fall for a 10 hour flight to Egypt. Should keep the movies and games running for a while!
    TTFN
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    What's the point? It costs $60, why not just carry a spare battery? You can get 2 Mugen 1400 batteries for just about the same cost.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    What's the point? It costs $60, why not just carry a spare battery? You can get 2 Mugen 1400 batteries for just about the same cost.
    ...maybe i dont want to swap out and wait for a reboot? to me it makes more sense to intermittedly charge during the day when i'm on the go and not near an outlet o.0 i could easily set it to charge with one of these in my backpack while i'm in the lab.
    Just FYI on the Mugen battery, I ordered it the other day and its currently out of stock, on the only site I can seem to find it on..

HOT ITEM!
    Availability: This item is currently out of stock. If ordered now, it will be shipped on 9 July 2010.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I still want a touchstone with a battery built in.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    maybe i want my $60 purchase to be useful two years from now when I'm not using a pre....
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
    maybe i want my $60 purchase to be useful two years from now when I'm not using a pre....
    That's a good reason, but just remember, these things won't last forever. It's basically just another battery which has a finite number of charge/discharge cycles.
    Not able to write a complete opinion right now, but get the Naztech Energy Cell, see the thread regarding that! We even show you how to make it compatible with a touchstone back cover!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I just ordered a "Music Power 0900-72 Encore Dual Port USB AC Charger with Rechargeable Extended Battery" on Amazon (from Beach Camera; sorry, but I'm a forum newb and am not allowed to include a link). I've seen some good reviews on these units, and for $10 with free shipping, I figure they're worth giving a shot.

The downside is that you'll still need a microUSB cable to use with this, unlike some of the external battery units that come with their own connector.

On the plus side, it also serves as a two-port travel charger (for, say, your Pre and an MP3 player).
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    ...maybe i dont want to swap out and wait for a reboot? to me it makes more sense to intermittedly charge during the day when i'm on the go and not near an outlet o.0 i could easily set it to charge with one of these in my backpack while i'm in the lab.
    Don't you know that you can hot-swap the battery without re-booting? I do it all the time! When I'm on the road, my battery frequently gets low in the afternoon. I just hot-swap the battery and keep on going.

Here's what I have:
    1) A 3000 mAh portable charger from Brookstone (around $60)
    2) A Palm portable battery charger
    3) Two batteries

Here's what I do:
    1) Remove the back cover from the Pre. Here's a tip: use a penny to press the release!
    2) Plug the phone into the charger
    3) Swap the batteries. You have about 2 seconds to do this before the phone re-boots.
    4) Turn the phone off
    5) Pull the plug

After swapping the batteries I place the low battery in the charger, plug it into the portable charger and put it in my backpack.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast