2) A Palm portable battery charger
    Where can you get this?
    Here is my setup. It includes:

1 Pre Battery
    2 Centro Batteries
    1 Aftermarket Centro Battery
    1 Palm Centro Spare Battery Charger
    1 Aftermarket Spare Battery Charger

The Palm charger requires the Treo/Centro Charger and charges a dead battery in less than 90minutes

The Aftermarket charger takes about 3 hours to charge a dead battery, but is able to plug directly to the wall and has a USB port to allow cable charging of the phone simultaneously.

I bought the genuine Palm charger and battery for $29.99 on clearance at Fry's last year.

Here is where I got my Aftermarket battery and charger:

B66x Battery+Charger For Palm Centro 685 690 Pre Pixi - eBay (item 110502385853 end time Jul-31-10 18:27:28 PDT)
    I have solio solar charger,,take it everywhere. It is small,very light and if it runs out of power all I need is sun. If I am out awhile,when I get below 50 percent,,i plug it in,phone in one pocket,charger in other pocket,,barly see the short little wire. Walking around w my phone charging while it's in my pocket.
    I have been using my old Sprint Power Pack (Model BT5VUSB22L-C6B) for a couple of years, previously with my Treo 800w and now with my Pre, and it works great. I can get at least 2 full recharges from about 20% on the Pre and still have some juice left. It is nice and small as well - about the size of the Pre with the Sprint hard case.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    Where can you get this?
    I ordered my spare battery charger from the Precentral store, store.precentral.net
    thinking about converting a laptop battery into an external usb charger. got a few spare ones.
    any suggestions?
    I'm looking for a charger for my spare battery in the car. I have the phone on a TS in the car, but what I would like is a charger that runs off 12 VDC. Any ideas?
    Bill
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I'm looking for a charger for my spare battery in the car. I have the phone on a TS in the car, but what I would like is a charger that runs off 12 VDC. Any ideas?
    The charger in this thread is all you need. Add a USB cable and one of the 12V Palm car chargers (which the USB plugs into) and you're good.
    are you referring to the one in the first post? $60 is too steep for me, isn't there something more reasonable? I already have the Palm car charger and usb cable.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    are you referring to the one in the first post? $60 is too steep for me, isn't there something more reasonable? I already have the Palm car charger and usb cable.
    Oops, wrong thread. I was thinking about this thread and the spare battery charger discussion there. For ~$20 you can get a charger to work with the DC charger and the USB cable for a car application. The charger will also work with the AC charger in your home/business.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I carry the Zagg Sparq 2.0 portable battery with me>> ZAGG | ZAGGsparq 2.0 | 4 full iPhone charges, Charges the iPad with an additional 5-6 hours of video, mobile battery, device charger, cellphone charger, portable battery pack, 6000 mAh lithium polymer battery, USB x2 at 1000 mAh output, AC 100-240 v/
    I got it around 50% off using the discount codes they give you when you sign up for their current iPad contest. It still seems to have the previous version's led issue, where first power led appears to drain without use, but it definitely provides my Pre with more than a couple FULL charges throughout a week before needing to recharge it again. Since it has USB ports, you can charge anything that charges through a USB cable(you provide the USB cable), including the iPad(has optimized port for it)...
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    How about answering a simple one?
    I just started working (IE working around a loose charging connection on the phone itself) with an eternal battery charger for my Centro.
    I need to know what the Blue vs. the Red LED lights indicate.

I can get the red or blue to light when the battery is in. (depending on how I tweek the placement) But only Blue when the battery is out. I checked the Amps too. There are more amps when the LED is red. So my brilliant conclusion is that the battery is charging when the LED is Red and completed when the LED turns blue. Any ideas on this or where to find a manual for a universal Battery charger for Palm?

Thanks very much,

. . . .Newbee

Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Don't you know that you can hot-swap the battery without re-booting? I do it all the time! When I'm on the road, my battery frequently gets low in the afternoon. I just hot-swap the battery and keep on going.

Here's what I have:
    1) A 3000 mAh portable charger from Brookstone (around $60)
    2) A Palm portable battery charger
    3) Two batteries

Here's what I do:
    1) Remove the back cover from the Pre. Here's a tip: use a penny to press the release!
    2) Plug the phone into the charger
    3) Swap the batteries. You have about 2 seconds to do this before the phone re-boots.
    4) Turn the phone off
    5) Pull the plug

After swapping the batteries I place the low battery in the charger, plug it into the portable charger and put it in my backpack.
    Maybe CellPhoneShop.com/net?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12