Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hey all,
    I just got the Verizon hard case to help fix the loose slider and allow touchstone charging. It seemed to be great except it was very very stiff. Then I realized it had been putting a scrape on the left side of the keyboard whenever I opened or closed it. I have taken it off and put it back on multiple times but I still have the same issue. It does have a full body protector on it. I have noticed that at the bottom it sticks up out of the bottom case but I can't get it down....ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem with the AT&T case. I have a ZAGG protector on the front, and it forces the bottom of the phone up a bit when open. A few scuff marks are starting to show on the bezel along the bottom of the keyboard. I'm not too worried about it, though.
    I have the AG Findings GRT case (I think this is the same case packaged for AT&T and Verizon though with slightly different pieces/configurations). I have the TS back installed on mine and I basically put a little bit of double stick tape on the inside back cover near the bottom of the inside of the case in order to pull the case and the keyboard slider back tighter together and make typing on the keyboard more "solid". This also seems to keep the keyboard very secure and flush with the case so that the bezel doesn't scrape. The doublesided/doublestick tape removes easily from the case and seemed to from the back of the Pre Plus (though I haven't tried removing after long exposure/wear but I'd bet it won't be difficult if one goes slowly). Also, the tape should be thin and not of the foam variety as that only ads bulk and pushes the keyboard up out of the case rather than securing it more tightly. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I remember when I retired an old phone some years ago, I took it out of its beat down case...and lo! It looked like a new phone. Except I was getting rid of it. And it looked bad the rest of the time because of the case (which seem to attract all kinds of damage).

From then on, no cases for me. Screen protector only and keep it away from the pocket with the keys!
    same here. What's the point of keeping phone scratches free. In 2 years new device will be twice as good and you will get it. Unless you are in construction business. Most of hard cases are not touchstone compatible, and now that they are so cheap, I rather use my touchstone then hardcase.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    same here. What's the point of keeping phone scratches free. In 2 years new device will be twice as good and you will get it. Unless you are in construction business. Most of hard cases are not touchstone compatible, and now that they are so cheap, I rather use my touchstone then hardcase.
    Well that's the point of the case we are talking about in this thread. It has a cutout in back exactly fitting the touchstone (improving how well the Pre stays on, in car install applications), and it has guided rails that alleviate the oreo effect that is so bothersome with the Pre. This case is not just about keeping the device pretty.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I recently ordered the GRT case and returned it for this reason. I used to be a big fan of hard cases like the Innocase, GRT case, etc... I had an Innocase that scratched another WinMo device I had due to the plastic clips. Now I only use hard cases on non-slider phones. For slider phones like the Pre I really like PhantonSkinz, Skinomi, etc... My first applications of skins turned out pretty bad, now that I have a lot of practice they are pretty easy to install with no bubbles or dust.