Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I saw this today:

Sprint Palm Pre Wireless Keyboard (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.

I have trouble believing it will actually work with my Pre over Bluetooth, at least with the current webOS version. From what I've read here, keyboards will "attach" over Bluetooth, but are seen as audio devices and won't type.

I'm curious, but not $100 curious unless it works. Maybe I'll contact them.

I searched "palm pre" "bluetooth keyboard" on google shopping, and this came up twice, once under Sprint and once under Verizon, as if that would make a difference.
    I'm like you, very interested, but not $100 interested. If it were a great deal, like $25, I'd try it. If I find out this works very well, then I might get one if a really good deal like $50. We'd love to hear if anyone has used a bluetooth wireless keyboard successfully with their Pre.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I don't believe it's real.

I don't have any proof however, but I do believe the bluetooth stacks are listed on internals somewhere.

The site looks kinda shady to me... I wouldn't expect they honor returns, or that guarantee.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I get the feeling this is a scam. We'd hear more news if PALM had updated the BT profiles to include keyboard support. This looks like a generic BT keyboard with a Pre photoshoped into the stand.
    It would be really cool if it is actually for real and works....

But everything I've heard "officially" is that BT keyboard is not supported by the Pre.

Would be nice if Dieter/Keith/Derek would address this in the Palmcast, or possibly for the P/C staff to give it a "test drive" so the rest of us would have something to go on.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Nope. Palm's Bluetooth stack doesn't even have the necessary HID profile.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I cannot see using my phone that much to need a whole keyboard...
    Maybe if they make it a usb keyboard with a microusb adapter...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erik and his pre View Post
    I cannot see using my phone that much to need a whole keyboard...
    Maybe if they make it a usb keyboard with a microusb adapter...
    For that to work, we'd need to have USB host mode, or actually "On-The-Go", which is both host and peripheral depending on setting. While there's some discussion about the OMAP3430 chipset being capable of doing OTG, it (so far) looks impossible. If host mode worked, there would be many, many options for additional peripherals.

Even if it works, it would take a little more than just a MicroUSB adapter, as the connector doesn't provide power by itself. There are special cables out there, though.
    10+ years of PalmOS and WebOS devices, from Vx through several Clies (until Sony killed them), to Tungsten T5 and T|X, to Centro, to Pre Plus.
    It may come in the future possible. If there will be a HP Slate with webOS maybe there will be an option/ driver or whatever for keyboards. Then some crafty person can figure out how to get that on a Pre.
    We have been here before. No it does not work and will not work no mater what software upgrade comes to the Pre/Pixi current hardware.
    The biggest name in consumer keyboards, Logitech has a keyboard called diNovo Edge. I would put my last dollar on that if any brand name keyboard with full warranty were to work it would be the that keyboard first.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    It's fake... They even offer "Verizon Palm Pre Plus 2 Gigabyte SD Memory Card".. where in a Palm Pre will I insert such a thing..!!!
    See the webpage:
    Verizon Palm Pre Plus Accessories (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.
    No way...
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
    And the same thing appears here:
    Palm Pre Bluetooth Headsets
    How many people may have bought that generic accessories..??
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
    Yeah i think a keyboard would be cool if it had the gestures attached to it.
    I like the Verizon Palm Pre Plus in the picture :-p
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by enrconc View Post
    It's fake... They even offer "Verizon Palm Pre Plus 2 Gigabyte SD Memory Card".. where in a Palm Pre will I insert such a thing..!!!
    See the webpage:
    Verizon Palm Pre Plus Accessories (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.
    No way...
    Quote Originally Posted by enrconc View Post
    And the same thing appears here:
    Palm Pre Bluetooth Headsets
    How many people may have bought that generic accessories..??
    Wow - quite a collection of fake accessories just in those links alone.

Wonder how good they are at accepting returns when people buy them and they don't work?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Just spoke to their rep on the phone. They will not ship this item as they are aware that it will not work with the Palm Pre. They are hoping that HP gets off their collective behinds and does whatever necessary to make bluetooth keyboards available for the Pre.
    Do we know if webOS 2.0 will support bluetooth keyboards?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    It should work with the pre2 as that has bluetooth keyboard support.

from what i have read, webOS 2.0 will have support for bluetooth keyboards.

I have an old iGo keyboard that I am looking forward to using again. Hopefully in the near future it will actually work on sprint pre's
    I have an old GoType that you plugged your Palm III into, it had a cradle on top. I was able to use it with my HandERA 330 too. When my HE330 died (crashed on the ground...screen cracked!) I bought a Tapwave Zodiac. That was a nice device. I still have it too. For that I got an infrared IO keyboard. It folded up into the size of a Palm Pilot...pretty nifty. But none were bluetooth, so if we get the ability, I'll be looking...perhaps once we find out, we can have a discussion of what keyboards work well.

I expect to get a post in about 3 minutes telling me this has been discussed in multiple threads and that I ought to take a few minutes searching the forums before posting unnecessarily. I just thought I would go ahead and reprimand myself to save others the trouble!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast