1.    #1  
    I just bought an extended battery that was specific for the palm pre and it came with a new back cover. I put it in my phone and plugged it in to get charged. A battery image came onto my screen with a question mark in it. I let it charge for almost 2 hours and unplugged it and hit the power button. The batter image with the question mark appeared again, with nothing further. Am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    something is wrong with the battery.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply....could there be any other reason besides a bad battery? If not guess I will have to get it switched out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    +1

Just to make sure. You are using the original Palm A/C wall charger and the Palm USB cord with the silver tabs on each end. If not make sure you go back to basics and do that. If the Battery is not bad, it may need the full 1a jolt to get it going the first time.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsquiresmi View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply....could there be any other reason besides a bad battery? If not guess I will have to get it switched out.
    If it's the battery with a question mark then the only two reasons I see are
    1) Battery is not in tidy
    2) Battery is dead
    I suspect the battery is dead though, just swap it out for a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsquiresmi View Post
    I just bought an extended battery that was specific for the palm pre and it came with a new back cover. I put it in my phone and plugged it in to get charged. A battery image came onto my screen with a question mark in it. I let it charge for almost 2 hours and unplugged it and hit the power button. The batter image with the question mark appeared again, with nothing further. Am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Defective battery, call the supplier and have them exchange it. I've had DOA batteries in the past, it happens so you shouldn't have a problem explaning to them the issue....
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    There is no matter of worrying because it can happen and this also happens to me when I got the extended battery sealed for Pre earlier.When I put it to charging and start using after its fully charged,its got discharged after an 1 hour only,then it goes dead.I have to get the battery replaced by the dealer.
    Last edited by danielhenry31; 06/25/2010 at 05:13 AM.