Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I received a call this morning and answered it using my Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth headset. The phone was on the touchstone and when I tried to answer using the bluetooth, I couldn't, so I used the little area on the phone to switch from handset to bluetooth. The person on the other end still could not hear me, so she hung up. I called her back, while wearing the Voyager Pro and all seemed to be fine for a few minutes. Then she apparently wasn't able to hear me, though I could hear her just fine. She kept saying hello, hello, and then explained to me that she had to go and that something was going on with my phone or the connection. (I take it that her phone was still showing that we were connected, but she couldn't hear me.)

During the call the phone was on the nightstand and I was never more than 2 to 3 feet away from it. In fact during the second call, I took the phone off of the nightstand and put it next to me on the bed. I did a search and noticed that others have had problems with various headsets, including the Voyager Pro. But many times it has been the phone itself. I really like the Pre Plus, but this bluetooth has been great with my blackberry and is the only bluetooth device that has worked flawlessly for me. (I've had quite a few and had this one about a year now.), Is there some setting I'm overlooking or some fix for this? I would hate to have to return this phone, but this could be a deal killer. What should I do?

Help!

JD
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I hope someone has an answer. I just got off the phone. The person on the other end said she could hear me, but she had to turn her phone up all the way, turn off her air conditioner, and my voice still came in very low. I' would hate returning this phone, so I hope someone has a solution.

Sunnys123, do you have the Voyager Pro or another bluetooth unit?

JD
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    OK, don't know what happened but I've made about 15 calls today and I haven't gotten any complaints about the voice coming through my Voyager Pro. (I have asked). I didn't do anything other than do a soft reset. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

JD
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Problems again today. I guess if I'm going to keep the Pre I'm going to have to give up Bluetooth. Today I got cutting off words. I also got the problem where I can hear the person on the other end but she couldn't hear me. Funny thing is when I opened the phone to switch from Bluetooth to the handset, the person on the other end began hearing me through the Bluetooth. Tomorrow I'll take it back to the Verizon store to see what they suggest. If it can't be fixed, I guess the Pre goes back and I try the Incredible. Though I've read about some reception problems with that phone too, at least it's new and there is hope that HTC will fix them. If there are Bluetooth problems with the Pre after a year of basically doing nothing to fix it.... well not a good sign.

JD
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Did you find an answer to the headset going to normal or speaker mode on incoming calls? I have asked the questions on other forums. Someone said mode switcher, but I'm not good enough to figure it out. I have a 510 Platronics and a touchstone in the car. Every incoming call I have to hit the audio button and select bluetooth. Which causes a delay before I can hear what the caller says. It's fine on outgoing calls. Need a patch to keep the phone on Bluetooth when it is connected, instead of trying to go to speaker on incoming calls. Maybe I might just ask a developer to write one.
    USPS should be delivering my Voyager Pro tomorrow. I'll report any problems. Meanwhile, I'm using a <$20 AlphaCommQ7 which seems to be doing the job just fine.
    jdm2010,it sounds like you're answering the call on the phone? Make sure you answer the call on the ear piece or car kit. That audio goes where ever you answered the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    USPS should be delivering my Voyager Pro tomorrow. I'll report any problems. Meanwhile, I'm using a <$20 AlphaCommQ7 which seems to be doing the job just fine.
    The mailman delivered my Voyager Pro today. Charged it for a while. Put it in the pairing mode, added it to my Pre, and made a call to a friend. He couldn't tell that clear communications was from my "PROplantronics" headset, and the sound quality on my end was clearer than my DECT6.0 cordless phone. So I don't have a Voyager Pro problem, and recommend it highly. However, it IS about 5X bigger than my AlphaCommQ7 (about the size of my finger tip) whereas the Voyager Pro is about the size of my thumb AND forefinger.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Jeez. As usual the obvious escapes me.
    I hope that works. No I never used the button on the headset I guess because I always answered from the phone button on all my 650's, 700 and Centros. Always went straight to the headset.
    Thanks Much.

2/22/11-it worked. It's still a struggle from time to time. But much better.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by jdm2010; 02/23/2011 at 12:32 AM.
    I had a different issue with my Voyager Pro after downloading the Bluetooth Increased Media & In Call Volume and Increase Speaker Headset Volume patches after installing from Preware. My callers told me that they could not understand anything as my voice came across loud but very distorted and muffled. I initially thought it was just a bad connection or my BT headset had to be reset. Nothing helped until I removed both patches and the callers then told me I came in very clear.

Just thought you may want to be aware of that if you use the patches above and Voyager Pro.

I have the VZ Pre+ with WebOs 1.4.5.
    I haven't had any issues with my Voyager Pro+. My wife has one too that she uses with her BB and has had no issues, except running the battery down (I told her she talks a lot).
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    You should try deleting and re-pairing Voyager Pro to resolve the bad connection. That's worked for me.
    Hello,very Good product (Pro HD); but to charge; you must use the specific wire. In case it is broken/lost, please find here the wire map to solve problem and build your own wire. Hope it help :

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/777/5fra.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img812/139/fzg8.jpg