1.    #1  
    Anyone out there using this bluetooth headset? It was just released last week and supposedly can handle wind up to 22 mph. I'd be interested to hear any feedback about the device.
    I pre-ordered one, and it is supposed to arrive today. I'll try it out in my convertible and let you know. Besides wind-noise canceling, I'm also interested in voice-dial (although that wasn't a prominent part of their marketing spiel).
    I thought the S4 was the one that could withstand winds up to 22 mph. I didn't see a T1 option on their page. Product Comparison - BlueAnt Wireless

*Edit* never mind, you said headsets, I was thinking speakers. My bad.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    got the t1 today...i can't get the voice commands to work. don't know if it will. on hold now with tech support.
    Same here. It said, "Voice commands are not supported on your phone", or something like that.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Same here. It said, "Voice commands are not supported on your phone", or something like that.
    Please keep me posted on how it works with wind canceling. I don't care too much about voice commands. I kind of suspected the voice commands wouldn't works since the Pre doesn't have that anyway.
  7.    #7  
    Any word on how it handles wind? I'm very interested in trying this headset.

I had the Jawbone Icon for about 2 days, but it did lousy with wind. I'm on the Plantronics Voyager Pro right now. It does ok, but not great. If the Blueant T1 can do better, I'd definitely get it.

Keep us posted....
    I may not even bother testing the wind performance, as I'm sending it back because of other problems. I had to shout for people to be able to hear me, and the T1 kept unpairing and repairing with my Pre. I had no such problems with the Plantronics Voyager Pro.
    I don't know about the headsets, but I've been looking into the speakers. According the the reviews, they can do voice dialing, but the phone has to have that option built in, the blueant speakers did not have their own voice dialing technology built in.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I may not even bother testing the wind performance, as I'm sending it back because of other problems. I had to shout for people to be able to hear me, and the T1 kept unpairing and repairing with my Pre. I had no such problems with the Plantronics Voyager Pro.
    bummer...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by honeydanny84 View Post
    great bluetooth headset,i like it very much
    How's it do with wind?
    Do the people you call say that your volume level is acceptable? With my T1 I have to speak very loudly to be heard. I'm not sure whether to try to exchange for another unit or return it for a refund.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro with my Pre Plus, and people have told me that my voice comes through extremely low. I've never had this problem with the Voyager Pro and my other phones. I was thinking of going with the Blue Ant, but after reading this, I'm thinking that maybe it's a problem with the phone and not the bluetooth itself.

JD
    Maybe there's variation between units? My Voyager Pro delivers a good volume level through my Sprint Pre. I never have a problem being heard unless there's a LOT of wind noise.
  15.    #15  
    I have never had a problem with people saying my voice was too low on the Voyager Pro paired with my Pre Plus. However, I do have a problem with earpiece volume. I have to listen very closely to hear what the other person is saying. Was hoping the T1 might fix this...but it has to do very well with wind, or it's not the bluetooth for me.
    BTW, Blueant's tech support seems to be the worst I've ever encountered. I would not recommend buying anything from them. After many emails, I still haven't received an RMA to send my T1 back for a refund.

And forget about the phone support. If the line isn't busy, you have to wait for eons to get a representative. I'm now on hold again. I made the mistake of using my Pre to call them. The call dropped in the middle of my conversation with the service rep.
    I've had Jawbone's since day 1; I have the Jawbone Icon now and it's great. No problems with wind, snug fit & comfortable without the hook, and it looks good, too (silver matches my hair!). I was under a jet taking off and the person I was talking to didn't seem to notice. But I think you have to make sure the little button thing is on your cheek. Just my 2 cents...
    I have a Q2 and have heard from my friends that my voice is low when speaking through it. Not to mention the battery level in general is horrid. I practically have to scream to get it to answer my commands. Oh, and if i keep it anywhere other than on a table within five feet of me, there's static. Even if I put it in my pocket while I'm walking around.

Aesthetics wise, it's pretty, but almost always is falling out of my ear, or starts hurting after about ten minutes.