1.    #1  
    Having a Touchstone in the car is the best! Quick question. I hate when I turn off my car, grab my pre and accidentally hit a bunch of buttons because the screen turns on when I pull it off the touchstone base. Is their anyway for the pre to know it is on the car charger so when it is powered off, it does not turn on when I pull it off?

I wonder if there is a patch or something?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I don't know, but its just instinct to pull it off then hit the power button. I don't even look anymore.
  3.    #3  
    I've had it for months and I just can't get used to it. Oh well... Thanks
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I don't think anything out there will do what you want. When power is cut to the Touchstone (when the car is turned off), then it's just a dumb magnet holding the Pre. The Pre had no way of knowing when it's on a Touchstone that is not receiving power
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    If you put a pin/passcode onto your Pre, when it locks instead of unlocking, it'll pop up with the pin screen. Which can save you from pressing other things on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    If you put a pin/passcode onto your Pre, when it locks instead of unlocking, it'll pop up with the pin screen. Which can save you from pressing other things on the screen.
    +1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    How is the magnet for the touchstone in the car?

Does it hold well, or do you fear your Pre is going to go flying off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post

I've had my pre fall off once and I've had it in my car since August. It works excellent and is surprisingly strong.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  9.    #9  
    it works perfect! Never has it ever slipped! Would mode switcher be able to set my pre to ask for the pin when I pull it off the touchstine?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Did you hard wire it into your car? I so want a Touchstone in my car. How did you do it.
    Last edited by kld2009; 06/11/2010 at 01:15 PM.
    you can either grab it from the sides or open up your keyboard when u put it on, so when you take it off you will grab the keyboard area more than the screen. This is what I do.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    Did you hard wire it into your car? I so want a Touchstone in my car. How did you do it.
    Check this thread out http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...olved-car.html

It has a lot of info on what you are asking, or do a search with 'Touchstone' in the Title of the thread and you will get a lot of help.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I used to have this installed but the florida heat kept killing whatever adhesive i'd use to keep it on there. Anyone have any tips for mounting the machine so it will hold regardless of extreme temperature?
    I just use my regular touchstone in the car It plugs right into my inverter. You can get an inverter at wal-mart pretty cheap, maybe $30?
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    I used to have this installed but the florida heat kept killing whatever adhesive i'd use to keep it on there. Anyone have any tips for mounting the machine so it will hold regardless of extreme temperature?
    I picked up a pack of adhesive velcro at RadioShack when I picked up the extra TouchStone for the car. Temps have been from the low 80's to upper 90's where I'm at for the past month or so, and haven't had a problem.

Just make sure that, whatever you use to attach the TouchStone to your car, you're sticking it on a smooth surface somewhere.
    Velcro was the first thing I used. Melted right off. I then went to autozone and got this adhesive that supposedly hold car body kits together thinking, if it's designed to live outside it has to be made with temperature in mind and for a while it worked great. Then the florida summer hit and I came home one afternoon to my touchstone on my floor. So... Yeah.

Any florida Touchstone car users? How do you keep it on the car, and if you do use an adhesive that can take it, the name of said adhesive would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html

works great in the car -- check out people's solutions here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch