Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have 4 - one for my office, one for my car, and two for my home. My only problem with it is that I find it tricky to get the phone placed correctly on it in order to charge. I only get it right about 50% of the time unless I have the Pre in the plastic cover that has the cutout in the back which makes it a no-brainer to place. But hardly anyone complains about this, so I think it's just my problem.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I have 4 - one for my office, one for my car, and two for my home. My only problem with it is that I find it tricky to get the phone placed correctly on it in order to charge. I only get it right about 50% of the time unless I have the Pre in the plastic cover that has the cutout in the back which makes it a no-brainer to place. But hardly anyone complains about this, so I think it's just my problem.
    I had this problem at first, but then I found the sweet spot and I've been able to get it on most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    I had this problem at first, but then I found the sweet spot and I've been able to get it on most of the time.
    Ayup, there is a little "feeling out" process when you first start using it - then after a couple of days you forget it ever was a "problem". The magnets do try to draw you into getting it situated correctly.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I already had 3. Popped into the Shack (radio shack) just to look and see how friggin' big EVO is in real life, not easy to hold, no usable unit, confirms I love my Pre. But back to OP, Touchstone was 19.99 now 15.95, so I grabbed another. Will give it to coworker w/ VZw pixi plus
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    Guys,

If your still looking for a touchstone check out all the Radio Shack stores around. I did a search and found a list of five or six stores that listed them in stock. I went to three stores and got one at each. The last store still had a couple when I left. I also go the $9.95 PALM car charger, and they had the PALM leather? wallet for the Pre also. Worth checking out.

I use one at home, one at work, and one in my vehicle. I use one of the PALM car chargers to power the one in the vehicle.

If you are looking for another plug in charger check out Amazon. I bought two PALM travel chargers for $6.89 each. These work with the Touchstone, but not every USB plug in will. I decided to play it safe and use the PALM charger and PALM USB cord.

I think Amazon has the Touchstone for Like $24.00 so not too bad if you can't find it elsewehere

Cheers
    How are you searching Radioshack's store inventory? I can't even find the Touchstone on their site.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    you need to go to a store to find it
    OK guys, you make very convincing arguments to go ahead and get the TouchStone, especially since it is now so cheap!
    You won't be sorry. Once you have one, let us know if you agree.
    I bought a Pre last week and got the Touchstone free (promo at ATT) I didn't know you needed a special back for it and they didn't include one or tell me I needed one. I have been charging the pre on the Touchstone without the replacement back. I have been having occasional problems with the phone - shuts down when make a call, screen go off and not come back on until take battery out and reboot, etc. Have I done damage to the phone by leaving on the stock back while using touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by iyamsteve View Post
    I bought a Pre last week and got the Touchstone free (promo at ATT) I didn't know you needed a special back for it and they didn't include one or tell me I needed one. I have been charging the pre on the Touchstone without the replacement back. I have been having occasional problems with the phone - shuts down when make a call, screen go off and not come back on until take battery out and reboot, etc. Have I done damage to the phone by leaving on the stock back while using touchstone?
    Palm Pre Pluses come with a TS back cover standard.
    My Pre Plus didn't - so the store is at fault I guess. I'm trying to figure out if these problems I'm having are related to charging w/out special back.
    oh I see what you mean the plus doesn't require a back changout. Well I guess that means I have other probs. On 2nd phone with the same set of problems. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I had that prob w/ my Sprint Pre, first 2-3 .months. Search forums, I think it's do to slightly loose seat of battery. Mine used to shut down when I closed the slider hard. Eventually it sopped, but some people talk about putting a small piece of paper in battery compartment for a tighter fit, or webosroundup had an article mentioning a small piece of electrical tape in the top corner of the battery, and seemed to work for many.
    Thanks I'll try that if it keeps up. My power off problem has stabilized some lately. Ringer quit working today until I pulled battery out-put back in. I've got 30 days to decide if I want to return it. I'm a loyal palm user - have had a Treo 650 for 5 years and palm pilots before that. Never had as many problems in all those years as I've had with this one in one week. I do love the phone but now have to worry about migrating 1100 contacts w/notes to the Pre. From what I read it won't be easy.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just bought a Pre and picked up 3 Touchstones at RadioShack for $13.95 on clearance as well as the car charger/plug for $8.95. Lovin my Pre !!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12