Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    I have 4 - one for my office, one for my car, and two for my home. My only problem with it is that I find it tricky to get the phone placed correctly on it in order to charge. I only get it right about 50% of the time unless I have the Pre in the plastic cover that has the cutout in the back which makes it a no-brainer to place. But hardly anyone complains about this, so I think it's just my problem.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I have 4 - one for my office, one for my car, and two for my home. My only problem with it is that I find it tricky to get the phone placed correctly on it in order to charge. I only get it right about 50% of the time unless I have the Pre in the plastic cover that has the cutout in the back which makes it a no-brainer to place. But hardly anyone complains about this, so I think it's just my problem.
    I had this problem at first, but then I found the sweet spot and I've been able to get it on most of the time.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    I had this problem at first, but then I found the sweet spot and I've been able to get it on most of the time.
    Ayup, there is a little "feeling out" process when you first start using it - then after a couple of days you forget it ever was a "problem". The magnets do try to draw you into getting it situated correctly.
  4. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #24  
    I already had 3. Popped into the Shack (radio shack) just to look and see how friggin' big EVO is in real life, not easy to hold, no usable unit, confirms I love my Pre. But back to OP, Touchstone was 19.99 now 15.95, so I grabbed another. Will give it to coworker w/ VZw pixi plus
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    Guys,

    If your still looking for a touchstone check out all the Radio Shack stores around. I did a search and found a list of five or six stores that listed them in stock. I went to three stores and got one at each. The last store still had a couple when I left. I also go the $9.95 PALM car charger, and they had the PALM leather? wallet for the Pre also. Worth checking out.

    I use one at home, one at work, and one in my vehicle. I use one of the PALM car chargers to power the one in the vehicle.

    If you are looking for another plug in charger check out Amazon. I bought two PALM travel chargers for $6.89 each. These work with the Touchstone, but not every USB plug in will. I decided to play it safe and use the PALM charger and PALM USB cord.


    I think Amazon has the Touchstone for Like $24.00 so not too bad if you can't find it elsewehere


    Cheers
    How are you searching Radioshack's store inventory? I can't even find the Touchstone on their site.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6. #26  
    you need to go to a store to find it
  7. #27  
    OK guys, you make very convincing arguments to go ahead and get the TouchStone, especially since it is now so cheap!
  8. #28  
    You won't be sorry. Once you have one, let us know if you agree.
  9. #29  
    I bought a Pre last week and got the Touchstone free (promo at ATT) I didn't know you needed a special back for it and they didn't include one or tell me I needed one. I have been charging the pre on the Touchstone without the replacement back. I have been having occasional problems with the phone - shuts down when make a call, screen go off and not come back on until take battery out and reboot, etc. Have I done damage to the phone by leaving on the stock back while using touchstone?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by iyamsteve View Post
    I bought a Pre last week and got the Touchstone free (promo at ATT) I didn't know you needed a special back for it and they didn't include one or tell me I needed one. I have been charging the pre on the Touchstone without the replacement back. I have been having occasional problems with the phone - shuts down when make a call, screen go off and not come back on until take battery out and reboot, etc. Have I done damage to the phone by leaving on the stock back while using touchstone?
    Palm Pre Pluses come with a TS back cover standard.
  11. #31  
    My Pre Plus didn't - so the store is at fault I guess. I'm trying to figure out if these problems I'm having are related to charging w/out special back.
  12. #32  
    oh I see what you mean the plus doesn't require a back changout. Well I guess that means I have other probs. On 2nd phone with the same set of problems. Thanks.
  13. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #33  
    I had that prob w/ my Sprint Pre, first 2-3 .months. Search forums, I think it's do to slightly loose seat of battery. Mine used to shut down when I closed the slider hard. Eventually it sopped, but some people talk about putting a small piece of paper in battery compartment for a tighter fit, or webosroundup had an article mentioning a small piece of electrical tape in the top corner of the battery, and seemed to work for many.
  14. #34  
    Thanks I'll try that if it keeps up. My power off problem has stabilized some lately. Ringer quit working today until I pulled battery out-put back in. I've got 30 days to decide if I want to return it. I'm a loyal palm user - have had a Treo 650 for 5 years and palm pilots before that. Never had as many problems in all those years as I've had with this one in one week. I do love the phone but now have to worry about migrating 1100 contacts w/notes to the Pre. From what I read it won't be easy.
  15. Parrot_hd's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #35  
    Just bought a Pre and picked up 3 Touchstones at RadioShack for $13.95 on clearance as well as the car charger/plug for $8.95. Lovin my Pre !!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions