1.    #1  
    I purchased a Palm Pre Plus (LOVE LOVE it!!) on Friday, and my skinomi screen protector kit came in the mail today. I got the kit that includes the front screen protector as well as the back one. I have a question before I put it on though. It says to wait 12-24 hours after applying it to turn your phone back on. Has anyone used the Skinomi kit, and if so, how long did you wait until you turned your phone back on? Just curious! I'll probably put it on right before bed one night and leave it off over night. Also, can I charge my phone while it's turned off during that time?

I think those are all of my questions! I'll let you know if I have more. I've really enjoyed reading through threads here, but I figured it was time to end my lurking.
    I have the skinomi, and if you install and let it dry overnight you'll be fine. It's ok to put the battery back in and charge overnight but I would only do so with the screen off. So using the USB charger would be preferable to the touchstone unless you have a patch or program to keep the screen off when on the touchstone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I have the skinomi, and if you install and let it dry overnight you'll be fine. It's ok to put the battery back in and charge overnight but I would only do so with the screen off. So using the USB charger would be preferable to the touchstone unless you have a patch or program to keep the screen off on the touchstone.
    Thanks so much for the quick response!

So, you took the battery out and put the back of the phone back on without the batter in after putting the skin on? (Sorry - I want to make sure I do this right the first time!) I only have the USB charger (no touchstone as of right now), so that'll be alright.
    I just did a Skinomi front. I left the battery in and had it dry over night. Looked good by the morning.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    did the front skinomi for pre plus. Battery was in but not charged. Looked good right away but I avoided touching the phone...a painful few hours. Protector worked well.

however about a month later the top portion near the light sensor is starting to peel off. Apparently to get a free replacement I have to ship this one back...so what am I supposed to do in the meanwhile? Hope phone doesn't scratch...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    however about a month later the top portion near the light sensor is starting to peel off. Apparently to get a free replacement I have to ship this one back...so what am I supposed to do in the meanwhile? Hope phone doesn't scratch...
    Frequently Asked Questions

Return the old one after you get the new one...
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    Thanks so much for the quick response!

So, you took the battery out and put the back of the phone back on without the batter in after putting the skin on? (Sorry - I want to make sure I do this right the first time!) I only have the USB charger (no touchstone as of right now), so that'll be alright.
    Yes I removed the battery and put the back on during installation. Sorry for the delay.

did the front skinomi for pre plus. Battery was in but not charged. Looked good right away but I avoided touching the phone...a painful few hours. Protector worked well.

That's odd, I have a replacment from them that I haven't even used yet. I complained though Amazon and was then contacted by Skinomi and they never asked for my old one. Lol, it just has a small kink in the side from this cheap holster I had.

I haven't contacted them directly but on their website it states to mail back the original with packaging and then they will send me a new one.

I will try through amazon.

thanks
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yes I removed the battery and put the back on during installation. Sorry for the delay.
    No worries!! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give it a shot tonight...a little nervous about it!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenJ21 View Post
    No worries!! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give it a shot tonight...a little nervous about it!! lol
    No problem! Just follow the directions and let it set for 8-10 hours overnight, and you'll be good to go.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I waited about two hours before I had to have my phone again (I was very gentle with it though).. worked just fine.
    I did dry it well afterwards with wipe (they say you can speed it up by using a blow dryer on low ?) and take the battery out before starting.
    After about a day or overnight, it comepltely smoothed out and it's perfect now. Have had it on for about two months with no peeling or issues. Didn't feel the need for the back one at all. Love it!
    I am very disappointed with Skinomi, If I have to pay shipping and handling for a replacement I would just get another one from someone else. It hardly feels any different from any of the other screen protectors I have had for my other devices and has started to peel after just 4 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am very disappointed with Skinomi, If I have to pay shipping and handling for a replacement I would just get another one from someone else. It hardly feels any different from any of the other screen protectors I have had for my other devices and has started to peel after just 4 months.
    Sounds like maybe you didn't apply it correctly I've had mine on for 9 months with no peeling at all.

I haven't contacted them directly but on their website it states to mail back the original with packaging and then they will send me a new one.

I will try through amazon.

thanks
    I linked it above for you and copied it below. Request the new one, send the old on back when you get the new one...

Q: How do I get a replacement?

A: Please follow the steps below to receive your replacement:

Step 1: Replacement form
    Fill out the product replacement form.

Step 2: Request your replacement
    Fax the product replacment form along with a copy of the invoice/receipt containing your Skinomi product purchase to (562) 490-8602.

Step 3: Shipping your replacement
    Your replacement Techskin is free of charge. A shipping and handling fee will apply for all replacements.

Step 4: Send back the original
    Send back your original TechSkin along with the order invoice/registration number once you receive the replacement. If you do not send back the original, that item will be void of the Liftetime Replacement Guarantee and be disqualified for any future replacements. Please send your original TechSkin and order invoice/registration number to:

Skinomi.com
    ATTN: Product Replacement
    11546 E. Washington Blvd. Suite #D
    Whittier, CA 90606
  15.    #15  
    I just installed my skinomi skin on my Palm Pre Plus. Phew!! Good gravy, I thought I was going to have to give up at one point, but I kept working at it, and the front screen protector is FINALLY on...and I don't think it looks half bad to be honest! I didn't put the back one on simply because doing the front was enough for one night. lol I'll consider the back on at some point, maybe, but I'm happy with the front screen protector for now.
    I just installed my skinomi screen protector. The manufacturer says the water bubbles will disappear after a few days. Has anyone had the bubbles once they applied the protector and the bubbles indeed disappeared after a few days. I was very careful in applying my protector to my droid bionic.
    I have the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD (maximum coverage) on my AT&T Palm Pre Plus. They told me to be very careful (not to put it in pockets and not to let it get too hot) with it for the first 24 hours after installation. Reason being so that it could dry properly.
    Last edited by pecuevasb; 11/22/2011 at 09:08 AM.