Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I have a 9xxBackBeat and it is Awesome! It is a Stereo BT. All I can say is I love it!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I agree. Had mine for close to a year, and use it whenever I am working in the yard. I love not having wires in the way all the time.
    how do you get it to work outside?unless I hold it near my head,it cuts out every 5 secs or so.works great inside.every other bluetooth device works great on my pre,,so it's not the phone.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    how do you get it to work outside?unless I hold it near my head,it cuts out every 5 secs or so.works great inside.every other bluetooth device works great on my pre,,so it's not the phone.
    Are you putting it in a pants pocket or in a case on your belt? I have never had any other headset or phone (BBerry or Windows Mobile) work well that way. I always just wear a shirt with a pocket on the chest and it works almost perfectly.
    I just got the 906's and love them too. If I keep my phone in my shirt pocket they don't cut out at all... If the phone is in a coat or pants pocket it will drop the connection. Great headphones - great sounding, decent comfort level, really good volume, and last a a good amount of time on a charge. Having the added bluetooth dongle for a headphone jack is awesome in listening to music/movies playing on my computer (and the dongle has GREAT range). Great headphones
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I got a pair a few months ago, and they just crapped out on me. I took good care of them, never got them wet, never dropped them, only regular use, and they just stopped working.

They're out of the return policy from Amazon, and I tossed out the box ages ago. Anybody know how to contact Plantronics to get a new set?

Other than them breaking so quickly, they're amazing, great sound quality, and the mic isn't bad either. The bass boost makes everything coming out of my Pre sound awesome.
    mine stopped working twice out of no where. the second time i returned it for a replacement they said they never received it. now i use the samsung wep870
    You just found out that they are the best! Where have you been! LOL!

They are the best on the market!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by magonzo View Post
    ... Anybody know how to contact Plantronics to get a new set?
    Umm... have you tried their website?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I really exhausted my pair of Backbeat 906. They worked perfectly for half a year, best headphones I've ever used. I used them anywhere from 4-8 hours most days, and pocketed them a lot. TOTALLY worth it. I hardly care that the power button rarely works (usually can't turn it on, then not be able to turn em off) As much as I want replacement 903 from amazon, I think I'm gonna try something more solid, need something for working out.

I like my cheap-ish Rocketfish BT headphones but they've always had problems pairing with my Pre. 5-10 mins of troubleshooting sometimes, bleh.

Backbeat 9xx are killer headsets, though!
    These are some really nice BT headphones, like most said, they work well inside, but when outside all bets are off. I was using mine 4-7 hours Mon-Fri for a while now they are on the fritz, I can only use them every 3 days....
    Yeah, I did discover what others were saying... when outside, the headphones simply can't keep a signal with the Pre unless it is up high (like a shirt pocket). I don't seem to have this issue much when in a building.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yeah, with Backbeats I found the best spot for it outside was left pocket, screen facing out, not facing your leg. Those two things gave me flawless playback outside... If I was gonna run with my Pre tho, I'd use an armband.
    unfortunately I do not wear shirts with pockets,,dont even own one. Lol
    mine has low usage and all of a sudden it is not working right. When I plug it in,red light blinks,,,it is not suppose to. So while this was going on it would not power on,,i know it was charged. I played around all day when all of a sudden I plugged it in and the red light was not blinking,,it was on,,and the device was working again. 2 days later,,today it is doing it again and I can't get it to work. When I plug it in red light just blinks,,does not do any charging,,and it won't respond to the power button.
    mine has low usage and all of a sudden it is not working right. When I plug it in,red light blinks,,,it is not suppose to. So while this was going on it would not power on,,i know it was charged. I played around all day when all of a sudden I plugged it in and the red light was not blinking,,it was on,,and the device was working again. 2 days later,,today it is doing it again and I can't get it to work. When I plug it in red light just blinks,,does not do any charging,,and it won't respond to the power button.
    Mine did the same thing, went to Platronics website and filled out the product return form and they sent me a replacement headset and I mailed the defective headset back to them.
    do you need some sort of proof of purchase? Not sure if I still have it.
    The BackBeat bt headset for all around ROCK! But for sound quality I find that the motorola S-HD w/bass boost truly ROCK,if you don't mind the bbulkiness,the backbeat has the bassboost but takes from the sound quality,also the LG-MSB-100 external stereo bt speakers are preety nice
    do you need some sort of proof of purchase? Not sure if I still have it.
    I think all you need is your serial #, go onto the website and look up their CS # and give them a call.
    never had connection issues w/any bt accessaries & my pre,in my pocket or my holster at my hip, I don't understand all the issues, this my original pre since it's launch maybe just lucky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast