Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah, I did discover what others were saying... when outside, the headphones simply can't keep a signal with the Pre unless it is up high (like a shirt pocket). I don't seem to have this issue much when in a building.
    My experience has been the same as others report. Inconsistent signal retention with the phone holstered on my belt or in belly pack. However when I switch to armband case and wear the armband on my left arm, the signal is rock solid (worn on the right arm it was still inconsistent.) I am pleased with the sound quality. I use it on daily walks with my dog, so the street sounds don't provide an audiophile environment, but it works for me, avoids the hassle of a wired connection, allows me to answer calls, and has a mode to cut off the music and use the microphone to pickup ambient sounds. Great!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Got one for 54 bucks @ newegg.. I love it... One issue though..after i used it the first time it just went dead for a week...Just when I was about to send it back it started working again.. No problems since..I purchased mine primarily for pandora and slacker whilei'm at work, but i've found that it works just as good as my jawbone on phonecalls..
    mine is working today,lol,,inside these things work great,,i can go from kitchen to living room w no problem. I use them most at the gym and they work great there also.
    Quote Originally Posted by magonzo View Post
    I got a pair a few months ago, and they just crapped out on me. I took good care of them, never got them wet, never dropped them, only regular use, and they just stopped working.

They're out of the return policy from Amazon, and I tossed out the box ages ago. Anybody know how to contact Plantronics to get a new set?

Other than them breaking so quickly, they're amazing, great sound quality, and the mic isn't bad either. The bass boost makes everything coming out of my Pre sound awesome.
    Interestingly, I just replaced (under warranty) my Plantronics Voyager 855, so I can answer the question. The really funny thing is that the reason I even saw this thread was because they sent me a Backbeat 903 instead of my Voyager, and I was looking for comments.

Assuming it's still in warrant, you can go to the Plantronics Quick Web Service site - Plantronics )) Support )) Servicing Options )) Quick Web Service Form . You fill out the information (including the date code), they send you a new unit, you send your defective one back.

Except, I've got to call them and see if they deliberately switched mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    screen facing out,
    Awesome tip! I've been carrying mine in all kinds of ways when I am outside. Only guaranteed spot where I wouldn't get dropouts, was a left shoulder pocket on a coat. Tonight I put it in my shirt pocket - screen facing out - and had perfect reception!

I really like mine also. Battery life is great. I walked out of range of my phone once and they locked up. For 24 hours, none of the buttons responded and it wouldn't do anything on the charger. I resolved to send them back but the following day they were fine again. Weird.

I would definitely recommend them. I listen to Dr.Podder constantly and catch myself trying to pause other media like the Tivo by pushing a button in my ear even when I don't have them on.
    Last edited by SFHandyman; 06/24/2010 at 02:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I called customer service, and they had me reset my headset. It worked like a charm. My 906 wouldn't even turn on. I imagine it will work for connection issues as well.

Just hold down the power button while you plug in the headset, and continue to hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Should be fixed!
    Another cool tip. Thanks. I may have accidentally triggered the reset. I was holding down buttons, plugging and unplugging, when they woke up. I'm glad to know the real reset procedure.
    reset my headset. My 906 wouldn't even turn on.
    Just hold down the power button while you plug in the headset, and continue to hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Should be fixed!
    I had a lock up again. Only the 2nd time in a couple of months. The reset worked perfectly. There should be a temporary sticker on the handset telling how to do the reset.

Thanks again Magonzo
    ...Just hold down the power button while you plug in the headset, and continue to hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Should be fixed!
    Awesome tip!! Mine locked up for the second time the other night and I couldn't get them to respond. I left them alone overnight and they worked the next morning. I really thing that there is an issue with a cap or something that doesn't discharge fully once it gets into a loop and makes you wait for the charge to dissipate (if these even use tiny caps in them anymore).

When it resets, does it flash or give you any notification that the reset took place?

I'll try this tip the next time they freeze up on me. Thanks!!
    it's been over a month since mine worked,tried everything. Red light just blinks when plugged in. Tried the reset over and over. Can't find reciet so I'm out. O well ,live and learn. Won't buy this set again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    it's been over a month since mine worked,tried everything. Red light just blinks when plugged in. Tried the reset over and over. Can't find reciet so I'm out. O well ,live and learn. Won't buy this set again.
    Did you call support? Sometimes a manufacturer will issue a RMA without a receipt. You send in the product, they send a replacement.
    IDK what you guys are smoking, but I went through two of these in a few days. They break really really easily. Work out with them once or twice and you will see what I mean. I also challenge anyone to go outside with the phone in your pocket and notice how you cannot listen to music without skips and disconnects. They have a very very weak transmitter.
    If I put the phone in my shirt pocket and turn the screen away from my body, it doesn't cut out much.

I do agree, the radio is entirely too weak outside. But it works ok in the house. :/
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    gone through 3 BBT 903's. First 2 failed via power button issue. Last one fell apart. They sound great and have great user controls, but build quality is not good. My first one had a weak tranceiver, but the last 2 had very strong tranceiver signal.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    has anyone had this problem? The phone connects but I get no sound from sny type of music or video, the only thing that works is for phone calls, I didn't buy the stereo bluetooth just for calls
    I installed the patch that makes the ringer switch silence all sound. Currently it doesn't silence games or videos. When I have it on silent, the headphones will connect but not play anything. I have to disconnect, flip the ringer switch on, then re connnect the headphones. Once they are connected and have sound, I can flip the switch to silent and continue using the headphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12