1.    #1  
    My first Pre had a Zagg protector on it which had to have all the side flaps cut off because they would not stick to the sides of the device. I couldn't even get that far with the phantom skin I just tried to apply. It slipped all over and the side flaps are impossible to get to in place without air bubbles. You manage to work one corner smooth and realize the whole thing has not shifted and doesn't mate with the buttons anymore.
    I finally gave up and threw it in the trash after about an hour of messing with it.

I'm going to try Skinomi next I guess since it has no side flaps.
    I am told that phantoms is easier than zagg. Skinomi is easier because it doesn't wrap the corners. If all else fails, the geek squad will do it for you...
    i got the skinomi with out the side flaps and am using the GRT AGF case, works brilliantly i got one peice of lint and waiting for some imperfections to disappear.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    i got the skinomi with out the side flaps and am using the GRT AGF case, works brilliantly i got one peice of lint and waiting for some imperfections to disappear.
    Do you have the skinomi that goes on the front and the back with the GRT AGF case? I was just looking at that case, but not sure it'd work for me since I have the "full coverage" skinomi skin thing.
    they are very hard. Best buy will do it for 7 dollars. If they screw it up,they just grab another.
    the hardest bit is the corners...on phantom skinz atleast.

how i do it is apply the screen, get rid of air bubbles (thats a ***** right there to do)

then hold down one corner with my palm (no pun intended) for about 10 mins...and then it sticks...

then i repeat.
    Not a single person in the phone dept., or the geek squad at my Best Buy had ever installed anything on a Pre. I bought my Invisible Shield, and after many attempts, did it myself. I thought the Geek Squad folks knew all about the products in their stores. Sad.
    applied the zagg invisibleskin tonight; now my power button doesn't work! any ideas? the only way I can wakeup my screen is plug in the power cord.