Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    DealExtreme: $15.30 3.7V 2300mAh High Capacity Battery Pack with Back Cover for Palm Pre

2300mah, so its not as big as the Sedio at least in rating, but its only $15.30!!! with free shipping. Its china stuff and the site take about 2 weeks to ship, but had success with this site before (in fact its one of my favorite sites, but i have never purchased a phone battery before from it.).

For 15, i think i'm gonna try one.

I love dealextreme, I buy a ton of stuff from them and haven't been disapointed yet. I mainly get flashlights from them and they are rediculously bright. I tried their batteries for the xbox360 and they lasts about 25-30 as advertised so I'm happy. I'll give these a try also since my touchstone is kinda flakey in my car whenever I hit the brakes. It's either get a dc converter to constantly keep it charged or get a battery that will hopefully give me a full day's charge. I might try this first before I get a dc thing for the car. Thx OP for the heads up
    wait..have you seen the back cover?? that things freakin ugly. Good price..but i think i will pass.
    Looks interesting, please report back about your purchase. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    that looks rather good...hmm just wonder the size of it? looks pretty big

edit.. on reading peoples reviews they said it didnt work with the iphone 3gs..which makes me think it might not work with the pre

It also discharges when not in use... explains the price tbh.
    Last edited by kel101; 06/05/2010 at 03:05 PM.
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    About the the rechargeable solar battery. That's a good thing to have, I've brought one previously. However, this is not a replacement for an actual phone battery. Because of this battery is charging the pre's battery instead of just powering the phone, there is a significant loss of mah because the process is inefficient.

I do agree that the back is fugly, but i'm thinking of using my old original case and cutting a hole.
    ^Fugly case or that? I might as well be carrying 2 Pres...

Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    It also discharges when not in use... explains the price tbh.
    I've used DE before, but yeah... I figured there was something wrong with it being from China. I didn't say I'd go though with buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    I do agree that the back is fugly, but i'm thinking of using my old original case and cutting a hole.
    That's an understatement. Err... uh, good luck with that.
    Ordering one already, my GF will kill me, but I don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ordering one already, my GF will kill me, but I don't care
    sshe will kill you over 15 dollars? lolwut
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    sshe will kill you over 15 dollars? lolwut
    Not the 15 dlls themselves, but because I told her I wouldn't be buying anymore stuff for my Pre
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I've been buying extended batteries with their covers for over 6 months. Notice I said batteries. The problem isn't with their batteries but with the extended cases breaking. I've asked several of the sellers to sell me extra cases and one has responded but has never invoiced me for the cases so that I can even buy them. I bought one extra cover from one the other day but his first cover didn't last 1 week.

Now that I know this string is here I'll report back. I have 3 extended batteries right now. My last purchase was a charger with a cradle to charge one of the extra batteries I now own. I'm hoping someone sells me some covers. Best price I got is $5 apiece plus shipping. Of course I cannot get the Hong Kong company to understand I need them to finish the order so I can pay for them.

On another note I'm an HVAC contractor who has dropped his phone plenty of times crawling around and the heavy batteries are probably more likely to bust up the flimsy covers on impact. You might do better then me.

G..
    I bought a 2000mAh from another after-ware marketer for a few bucks more (wish I had seen this). The cover looks the same as the one in the photo above. But although the phone doesn't look as cool, perhaps, it is much more usable. First, the phone doesn't seem to get as hot. Second, the odd shape gives you a place to put a finger to push down the keyboard when you want to use it. And it feels more solid in your hand when typing. (And I didn't feel bad about putting Velcro on it so I could mount my Pre on my steering wheel.)
    Also, although not necessary, I was able to run all day with GPS and WiFi activated. With the original battery, I could barely make it to the afternoon with out using those features. Just lots of web and email and even a call once in a while.
  15. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Currently shipping. I'll update with a review when i get it.
    While you're at DX: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-backup.html

I can recommend it.
    I've just ordered mine, will post my impressions when I lay my paws on it. It's no Seidio 2600, but for the price it'll have to do...
    (of current
    shipment) On 6/9/2010:
    Processing - Awaiting stock

Bah, it seems it will take a while
  19. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Kinda annoying, mine went from packaging to Awaiting Stock. Wonder what happened...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast