Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mine was finally shipped yesterday, so they must be receving new stock.
  2. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    same, seriously i cant believe it took this long. I'm fairly certain i'm the first person to order this from the site...
    Well, same here, yesterday I got the mail thet they just shipped mine, and I odered on 12th I think. At least they are now shipping them

Let's see how this goes, because at 1ghz the Pre drains the stock battery pretty fast
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Let's see how this goes, because at 1ghz the Pre drains the stock battery pretty fast
    Really? With F105, I haven't noticed any difference, with a standard use, that is; I feel I'm getting the same time out of it, maybe even a bit more. This is no scientific test, of course, it's just my impression...
  5. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So I finally received it today. here are my first impressions:
    First - The case is not nearly as ugly as expected. Mine fit perfectly and the gloss material is indistinguishable from the phone's. It makes the phone about 50% thicker (guestimation, photos attached), but it seems to make it slightly easier to grip.

As for the battery, it arrived at 78% when i put it in. 5 - 7 hours later, with a small amount of use, its at 54%. That's at least double what i normally get, prob more. I dont want to do a more extensive battery life review until I cycle the battery and do some testing with Battery Monitor.

Overall, I am extremely impressed with what i received for $15. feel free to ask any questions. Btw, if anyone knows how to add my attached images directly the post, can u tell me?

BTW, using 800/500mhz screenstate on Compcache F104 kernal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by R_E; 06/29/2010 at 01:16 AM.
    Well, that doesn't look as bad as I feared. Got any tests already? How's battery life now compared to what you used to see?
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So update: Looks like a got a defective unit. At 33% it went to 0 and shut off. The voltage was about 3.4 volts when it died. When fully charged it was at about 3.8 volts, which i noticed is kinda low. The Palm battery is between 4 and 4.1 volts fully charged. I have contacted Dealextreme about a replacement. We'll see what they say...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Damn that sucks.. Was going to pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    So update: Looks like a got a defective unit. At 33% it went to 0 and shut off. The voltage was about 3.4 volts when it died. When fully charged it was at about 3.8 volts, which i noticed is kinda low. The Palm battery is between 4 and 4.1 volts fully charged. I have contacted Dealextreme about a replacement. We'll see what they say...
    Ok, but also try another kernel, I had this issue with the standard battery on F104 I think, after 30% or so, it dropped to 0%, it lasted for a while on 0% tho, but if I charged it it began from 0%, it's weird.

Using thunderchief I haven't had this issue since a week (and I haven't restarted my Pre since, but that goes on another thread).

Try it, maybe it works
  10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, but also try another kernel, I had this issue with the standard battery on F104 I think, after 30% or so, it dropped to 0%, it lasted for a while on 0% tho, but if I charged it it began from 0%, it's weird.

Using thunderchief I haven't had this issue since a week (and I haven't restarted my Pre since, but that goes on another thread).

Try it, maybe it works
    I'm pretty sure that the problem is the voltage. 3.4 is really low. The phone is expecting at least 3.7. I'm a somewhat concerned by this voltage and i dont really want to subject my phone to it. However, the thing about DX is that just because one is bad does not mean all will be bad. This is especially true for batteries sold at DX. Hopefully i can get them to send me another one and i'll test that one to see if its any better.
    Same here, guys... I received mine yesterday and it died suddenly when at 20%, with the voltage reported by Battery Monitor in the 3.4 area. I'll charge it overnight and try again tomorrow.
    Booting with mine now, will post test results later

First impression: It really is easier to open the slider and more confortable to type!
    And it's not as heavy as I thought
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 07/03/2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: First impressions
    Update: I charged it overnight, around 12 hours. Unplugged it this morning, nearly 16 hours ago, and battery is still at 14% with 3664 voltage as reported by Battery Monitor. I'm attaching a screencap I took earlier (can't upload a more recent one, as phone rebooted when installing Virtual Keyboard; must have accepted the reboot request, these stupid fat fingers of mine...). I've used the phone moderately during the day:

• Streamed three songs via bluetooth on a short road trip, phone was paired to hands-free system during the 25 minute drive;
    • Three messages
    • Gmail set to "as it arrives", Hotmail checked every 30 minutes
    • Took a picture and uploaded it to Facebook
    • Browsed some sites (maybe 5 minutes of internet access)
    • A 19-minute call
    • Updated preware feeds twice, installed Virtual Keyboard

I have a GSM European Pre, most of the day phone was set to 2G / Wifi when at home. All in all, a regular day, nothing out of the ordinary; usually, the Mugen 1400mah I normally use would be dead by now, but this baby is still going.

To sum it up: I'm happy with my purchase
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    so with all these new battery info revelations, I thought I would do an update about this battery. I haven't really been using it because i thought it was defective, but now I believe it may just be incorrectly calibrated. The getage40 for the battery reads as 1150, so the pre may not be charging it to its full capacity. I an currently putting the battery through a learning cycle curtsy of somline's script and help. I will post another update tomorrow once it is fully completed its learning.
    hi
    I'll give these a try also since my touchstone is kinda flakey in my car whenever I hit the brakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    so with all these new battery info revelations, I thought I would do an update about this battery. I haven't really been using it because i thought it was defective, but now I believe it may just be incorrectly calibrated. The getage40 for the battery reads as 1150, so the pre may not be charging it to its full capacity. I an currently putting the battery through a learning cycle curtsy of somline's script and help. I will post another update tomorrow once it is fully completed its learning.
    I just did the same and I'm right now testing. So far so good

3.5 hours, 25%. Nice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12