Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    I did a quick search on this but couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. When taking a call via my jawbone prime, the volume on the Pre is always set at it's lowest setting. So I answer the call by the BT, then I have to turn up the volume on the handset. While the bluetooth connection is kept, the volume stays up. if I lose connection, its right back down at minimum. Very annoying. Anyone have this problem, or know how to fix it?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    bumping this thread, since im having the same problems and was about to make a post about it.
    I have this same issue and it has gotten very annoying! Anyone out there have any idea?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Can Someone write a Volume Patch
    is this just a prime thing as I'm having the same problem. Also, every few calls it drops connection and reconnects with the lower volume.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Can't say I've had that issue. I've used 3 headsets so far, one plantronics and 2 jabra with no volume issues. (Other than they aren't very loud but that's not the pre's fault)
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm using Jawbone Prime. Same issue here. I don't think it happened before 1.3.5 update though. I know it didn't happen when I first started using it, just not sure exactly when it changed.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have been using the Plantronics 903 for the last month or so and have had no volume issues. It has worked well for me.

--MotorDr
    My ringtone volumes lowers to zero by itself during/after a bluetooth connection with my Plantronics. Sometimes the volume meter comes up and displays zero when I'm dialing out. When I hang up, sometimes the volume will revert back to the actual set volume and sometimes it stays at zero. I have a friend with the same Plantronics earpiece and his works fine...

Any suggestions? I have dr my phone and used my phone without any patches for a while and I still had a problem with this issue. I'm back to using my patches because I "can not" live without them.

Is there any way or a patch I don't know of to set a MINIMUM volume unless the silder is turned to off?

Please help!! I am missing my wake up alarm in the morning because sometimes I don't realize the volume is at zero.

Thanks for any help/suggestion...
    When I use the Jawbone bluetooth headset, the volume is at the minimum. How is that permanently changed? The side buttons can set the volume, and then it goes back to a minimum setting. There doesn't appear a way to set the volume.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Pre Plus?

Thanks!
    From the user manual:

Jawbone will adjust the volume accordingly depending on your noise environment. If you feel that Jawbone is either too loud or too faint, you can adjust the volume of your call...
    Maybe this is what's occurring.
    Nope. The Jawbone is all of the way up. The Pre Plus' volume indicator while active on bluetooth is at the lowest volume setting when I receive a call, and I can figure no way to permanently preset the bluetooth volume. Only when I have an active call while using the bluetooth headset can I set the volume to a higher level. The settings are NOT remembered from headset session to session.
    I want to increase the max allowed volume of a phone call (when using the phone up to your ear, no bluetooth, no speakerphone). Anyone know how to do this?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    It is not just a Jawbone Prime thing. My Jawbone II does this, and my Googling makes me believe it is a faulty Jawbone as there are lots more people who do not have this problem. I didn't see anyone with an Icon have this issue, but I saw cases of the other three on different phones exhibit this behavior. Before I call Jawbone's customer support, I'm going to delete the Jawbone profile from the phone, do a factory reset on the Jawbone, and then re-pair and see what happens. I believe the Prime resets the same as the II:

1. Press and hold down the Talk Button on the Jawbone. (It does not matter whether the headset is on or off.)
    2. Connect the Jawbone to the USB charger cable. (The cable needs to be plugged into an active USB port or to an electrical outlet via the Wall Charger unit.)
    3. Release the Talk Button when the LED turns solid Red.
    4. Disconnect the Jawbone from the USB charger cable.

I would have tried this already had I known that I'd need the charger to reset it (which seems very craptacular IMO). But if someone wants to try this and let us know if it makes a difference, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I'll try it when I get home this evening...
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    It is not just a Jawbone Prime thing. My Jawbone II does this, and my Googling makes me believe it is a faulty Jawbone as there are lots more people who do not have this problem. I didn't see anyone with an Icon have this issue, but I saw cases of the other three on different phones exhibit this behavior. Before I call Jawbone's customer support, I'm going to delete the Jawbone profile from the phone, do a factory reset on the Jawbone, and then re-pair and see what happens. I believe the Prime resets the same as the II:

1. Press and hold down the Talk Button on the Jawbone. (It does not matter whether the headset is on or off.)
    2. Connect the Jawbone to the USB charger cable. (The cable needs to be plugged into an active USB port or to an electrical outlet via the Wall Charger unit.)
    3. Release the Talk Button when the LED turns solid Red.
    4. Disconnect the Jawbone from the USB charger cable.

I would have tried this already had I known that I'd need the charger to reset it (which seems very craptacular IMO). But if someone wants to try this and let us know if it makes a difference, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I'll try it when I get home this evening...
    I found a post somewhere that suggested uninstalling "No Alert During Call" patch.. this worked for me...
    Ok so my phone works fine while connected to a BT device, ringer and volume are ok...... But after it is disconnected from ANY BT device the ringer volumer goes to Silent and if I forget to increses it, but violume button on side of phone, I never "hear" it ring and miss all my calls.
    HOw I fiz this?
    Where is the phone volume set during the call? I use a Jawbone II, and I have to turn it way down or it is too loud. That also turns down the ringer volume and I have to remember to turn it back up...

U might want to look for info here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-headset.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ume-issue.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...lures-pre.html
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
    I found a post somewhere that suggested uninstalling "No Alert During Call" patch.. this worked for me...
    I don't have that patch (which is very evident that I don't when a text message or calendar reminder comes through lol), but your suggestion is giving me the idea of doctoring my phone to see if the issue occurs with a fresh phone, pending my BT reset doesn't work. Then I could blame it on some patch, or the overclocking, or something else, although if it's the overclocking, I'll have to live with it. I'm not giving that up for anything!
    Must be a "Jawbone" deal, my Platronics Backbeat 903"s BT headset doesn't have any of these issues with the volume.
    removed that patch and I am pretty sure it if fixed! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast