Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This thread makes no sense now. Apparently the moderators here feel that a BT connection issue is the same as a volume issue, and merged a thread with this one. How is a connection issue the same as a volume issue?
    It wasn't me, but I'm sure it was an oversight.

I'll see if I can split them back as were.
    Just call me Berd.
    <<closed temporarily for repairs>>
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm sorry, but I can't quite see where the topics cross.

One seems to be about volume dropping on the headset, and the other is the ringer volume.

If you're not finding the answer for your concern in this thread, feel free to start another.
    Just call me Berd.
    other than a side comment in post #5, I think it's all about volume...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    other than a side comment in post #5, I think it's all about volume...
    It's actually Post #4. I was silly enough to read and reread #5 several times trying to figure out why it was a side topic, when I should have looked above and below it after reading it maybe twice.

Hopefully there wasn't another post opened as I didn't search, but I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. I saw that Walmart.com had the Prime on sale for $40, so I went ahead and bought it to see if it would have the same issue. I got it today, and it does NOT drop the volume to the minimum after turning the Prime off or if it temporarily disconnects. So it is not all Primes that have the issue.

My question now is, to the people with Primes that have the minimum volume issue, did you get a retail version or a bulk packaged version? My Jawbone II was in bulk packaging, and the Prime came in retail packaging, so I'm wondering if it is a quality control thing...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    So even though I got the Prime and it works fine, I wanted to see if anything could be done about the Jawbone 2 so I can sell it. I got with Jawbone online support, and she had me do the reset Jawbone thing, and I obliged her rather than explain I already did all that. So we were about to give up when I asked her if I had a Jawbone 2 or a Jawbone 2 Plus. It turns out I have a Jawbone 2 Plus, which is closer to a Prime than a plain Jawbone 2. Since I have a Jawbone 2 Plus, she says we can try one more thing, which happened to work. I assume this will also work for you guys with Primes that are having the volume issue:

1. Delete the Jawbone BT profile from the phone.
    2. Do a Device Restart (I assume a Luna Restart would work, but I was following directions).
    3. After the phone comes back online, navigate to the Bluetooth Preferences page, but do not tap 'Add Device' yet.
    4. Make sure the Jawbone is on (it should be flashing red every 6 seconds).
    5. Press the buttons in this order, and fairly quickly: NA, Talk, Talk, NA, Talk, Talk.
    6. The Jawbone should now be flashing red and white showing that it is in a manual pairing mode.
    7. Tap 'Add Device' on the Pre. It should find the Jawbone and pair successfully.

I was able to call my voicemail, then get out of range of the phone, get back in range, and call my voicemail again, and the volume level stayed put. My new hypothesis is that earlier versions of the Prime have this issue. There is no date stamp on the Jawbone 2 Plus onward, so I don't know if there is a way to tell when your Jawbone was manufactured so we could compare. Hope this helps...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    My Jawbone Prime was purchased at Best Buy, and it definitely has the volume issue. I don't remember having it with the first Jawbone Prime I bought, but I had to exchange it when the Noise Assassin button stopped working (first 30 days). Anyway, the 2nd one has the volume issue. I haven't tried your instructions yet, but I will report back if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Must be a "Jawbone" deal, my Platronics Backbeat 903"s BT headset doesn't have any of these issues with the volume.
    Have to agree with you. I'm using a Blueant V-1 and have never experienced anything close to the reported issues with the Jawbone(s)..
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    It worked!!! I've been struggling with this for months. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Cool, glad it worked. I'll post it in the Tips and Tricks forum with an obvious title so that hopefully anybody else can find it with a quick search, rather than rumbling through this post. Well at least that will be the hope...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12