Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great, works as a charm. Finally!

38 69.09%
  • Seems to work, but not sure yet!

11 20.00%
  • No Improvement at all!

4 7.27%
  • This mod sucks, Back to the drawingboard!

2 3.64%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    So, is it fixed by putting a business card between the Pre+ and the Touchstone?
    I wouldn't know. I haven't tried. The Pre2 has no problems but the Pre Plus will keep bonging once it hits 100%. At which point it comes off the charger.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I had the same problem, but fixed it by using the original Palm usb cable instead of another brand.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    I know this has been beaten in to the ground so i am only venting here. You would think that palm/hp would have fixed the ts issue by now. I bought a ts on amazon a week ago which i didnt realize did not include the ts cover (****ed me off!) and no cables ****ed me off even more.

In the end i have to use the business card trick to keep it charging

I love the operating system, hate the hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by Duanespre View Post

Then do the mod. It's not that hard and you will then have a permanent fix.
    I fixed my defective Touchstone the easy way. I wrapped black electrical tape 2 layers thick on top of the Touchstone. It no longer bing-bongs when fully charged and goes into Exhibition mode properly with WebOS 2.1. Before I used to turn off the ringer but now I no longer have to do it anymore. This is the cheapest and easiest fix without exchanging it.
    I just received my TS and I keep getting the charger icon and a high pitched whine coming from the phone. Is this normal?
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    I just received my TS and I keep getting the charger icon and a high pitched whine coming from the phone. Is this normal?
    Yes this is normal, but the volume of the whine can be influenced due to several external factors.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Yes this is normal, but the volume of the whine can be influenced due to several external factors.
    I called verizon and am taking the TS back to the store. See if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duanespre View Post
    I know this has been beaten in to the ground so i am only venting here. You would think that palm/hp would have fixed the ts issue by now. I bought a ts on amazon a week ago which i didnt realize did not include the ts cover (****ed me off!) and no cables ****ed me off even more.

I love the operating system, hate the hardware
    I just bought one off amazon too and had this problem with my pre2. I sent a defective product return inquiry to amazon and they sent me a new one and told me to keep and dispose or give away the old touchstone as I see fit. I am keeping it but probably won't use it. The second touchstone so far has not had any pinging problem.
    Thanks so much. The instructions along with the pictures made the retrofit job easy. No more dong-ding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    I just bought one off amazon too and had this problem with my pre2. I sent a defective product return inquiry to amazon and they sent me a new one and told me to keep and dispose or give away the old touchstone as I see fit. I am keeping it but probably won't use it. The second touchstone so far has not had any pinging problem.
    Stick a couple of layers of plastic tape to the top of the faulty touchstone and cut to size and you should have a second Touchstone.
    I bought a TS yesterday, brand new (old stock from Future Shop) still priced at 79$....priced match from amazon at 25$ !!!! After first try i got that bing bong thing...did that trick and hourra...no more bong bing!!! i used plain paper for your info...

Why am i not suprised that i need to tweak a brand new PALM product...

No need too go for an exchange...too much chance of an other defect cover...
    So DIY and voilą...

By the way got a BellMo Pre- 2.1.0 clocked at 1.005...no flash...works good

One of the few Montreal pre user...
    I "Pre tested" (no pun intended) with a piece of clear plastic taped to the stone. It's been there for about 8 months now and no more problem. :-)
    I'm glad I finally ran across this thread. I've been fighting with Palm support for quite awhile trying to figure this out. Will def. give it a look when I have some spare time!
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Instead of ripping apart the backplate I just cut out a circle of textured black paper and applied it to the touchstone using loops of tape (easier to remove than double sided). The paper I used is marginally thicker than ordinary printing paper but not a whole lot, showing how precise the difference can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladoa View Post
    Instead of ripping apart the backplate I just cut out a circle of textured black paper and applied it to the touchstone using loops of tape (easier to remove than double sided). The paper I used is marginally thicker than ordinary printing paper but not a whole lot, showing how precise the difference can be.
    Pretty impressed with ur idea. Good job if it works for you. I did the modifying of the inside of the inside cover method with satisfactory results, but good job.

Here's a photo so everyone can see how simple it is.
    I like it also because some people have to turn their TS upside down to conform to the angles of their car dash or wherever they put it for that matter and you can't see the palm logo that way.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345