1.    #1  
    Is there any way to do this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Oh...you'd need some software that takes the stereo audio and pipe it through the regular BT profile. I dont think software like that exists on the Pre.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  3.    #3  
    Drat... would be nice if there were a way to do that.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I listen to podcast's from DrPodder through my BT headphones all the time. Or is this not what you are talking about?

Edit: What Type of headset are you talking about? Just plain one ear headset to talk on the phone or actual headphones?
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    seems like you are trying to use a headphone that was only designed for voice, as most of those one ear bt headsets are. I use a stereo headset with no problem and they also work woth voice calls.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I listen to podcast's from DrPodder through my BT headphones all the time. Or is this not what you are talking about?

Edit: What Type of headset are you talking about? Just plain one ear headset to talk on the phone or actual headphones?
    Don't want to use a stereo headset -- want to use a regular single-ear "earpiece" style headset. (Like I use to make phone calls).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

It can be done but you would need to buy a BT that is capable like the Jawbone Icon for example.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cranerep View Post
    It can be done but you would need to buy a BT that is capable like the Jawbone Icon for example.
    That's good to know - how do you know if the BT headset is capable? Are there any others besides the one you mentioned?

Thanks!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I got a headset that pipes the music app all the time. I think it was $25. It has stereo headphones that plug into it but if they are not plugged in the normal bluetooth plays everything from the phone. Samsung web870
    You can do that with a bt device that is A2DP. Look for that when you shop for a bt...btw the Blueant Q1 is a winner!
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    One more thing...A2DP allows you to hear music (including audio streaming), podcasts and turn by turn navigation as well....
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Here's a few (I've used them all).
    Jabra BT530
    Jabra BT8040
    Jawbone Icon (requires software update via USB cable)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Here's a few (I've used them all).
    Jabra BT530
    Jabra BT8040
    Jawbone Icon (requires software update via USB cable)
    I have the Jabra BT530 and it works 50% of the time for listening to podcasts. No rhyme or reason, this is on a palm Pre Sprint 1.4.1.1. This is very frustrating. I can turn it on, listen to one song, close the music app, go to the podcast app and it is a no go. This headset was working well before 1.4 update.

I am looking for a single ear AD2P BT stereo headset that works all of the time.

Update: If I delete all paired devices from my Pre, reset the Jabra BT530 as per the manual (hold all three buttons) and re-pair the Jabra, I find I am getting consistant connection and streaming of music and podcasts.
    Last edited by rj5620; 06/05/2010 at 08:54 PM.