Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Last edited by nullr; 06/09/2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Have you tried charging through the USB port, just for comparison? That may help you determine that the problem is probably in the phone...

Also, is the rate of loss greater on the TS than just sitting on the desk?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Have you tried charging through the USB port, just for comparison? That may help you determine that the problem is probably in the phone...

Also, is the rate of loss greater on the TS than just sitting on the desk?
    Yes it charges normally (about ~1% a minute) with normal USB. The drain is about the same just sitting on the TS than when its in my pocket.
    hmmm. because it happens with both TS pucks, it sure sounds like a problem with the TS back. If there is a VZ or Sprint store nearby, perhaps you can stop by and try the back on their display phone? The other thought I had is to see if there are any more of the TS kits at Radio Shack near you. They have been selling the TS+back for less than $20. That would give you a cheap way to get another back to test. If the one you have now is defective, you should be able to get a warranty replacement...
    Do you have the touchstone pluged into your computer?
    my palm wall adapter says 5v 1amp so I would think the touchstone would cause a drop in voltage if anything. You prob shouldnt be at 6volts maybe its your wall adapter?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Do you have the touchstone pluged into your computer?
    No the charger and cable that came with the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    my palm wall adapter says 5v 1amp so I would think the touchstone would cause a drop in voltage if anything. You prob shouldnt be at 6volts maybe its your wall adapter?
    Looked closer its actually closer to 5.5 maybe a hair under but still over 5.

They were both acting weird for 2 days. Now that I used my USB to charge the phone to ~50 percent they are both charging it just fine. Ill have to let the battery drain and test if it charges when battery level is in the red. I did not reset or anything and it just began to work.
    Don't let your battery run down too far, because that can ruin Lithium Polymer batteries.
    these are lithium_ion. And either way your phone has a preset cutoff voltage. It will not hurt your battery. Actually for calibration purposes you should let your phone run down till it turns off every week or two. Your phone guesses the battery percentage based on voltage, amps used and pur back, and time. This get more and more out of sync so you will sometimes end up sitting at 10% forever. It's because it doesn't know what 10% is.