Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my shield last night, and somehow lint got underneath, I took it off and tried to clean it with soapy water with no success. Is there any way to actually clean it?

and if not I want a new shield protector that doesn't really wrap around the edges but just the front (i use the GRT Case). I saw the skinomi techskin has just the front but I'm worried about lint again. So maybe just cheaper ones I don't have to order off line and I an find instore?
    thanks for who helps.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    xtremeguard.com
    that's the issue. You are supposed to clean it with the sponge that you use to install it. First you should probably run it under a faucet to rinse off lint. Also, use lint free cloth to clean the Pre, and do it with fan and airconditining off, so dust isn't blowing around.

use lots of solution to install, it will dry and suck out the bubbles over night. Don't mess with it while its wet.
  4.    #4  
    it didn't come with a sponge, and I tried to run it under a faucet.

as for extremegaurd I can only think you are just promoting with only 4 posts
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

LOVE IT
    Any good shield you buy is not going to be cheap. I use the Skinomi skin, and have it on my Pre for 9 months now. I don't know if they still do it, but I've heard of ppl having protectors being applied for them at Best Buy.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    dude go to bestbuy and they will put it on 4 you ..problem solved
  7.    #7  
    haha I will just go to bestbuy next time. Im looking at the phantom skinz or the skinomi.

Skinomi does have the protector I want. Just the front and not around the sides, so annoying extra stupid tabs that try to match the curvature.

Wondering if Phantomskinz contained the extra tabs. I see alot more people liking phantomskinz more.

Any promo codes would be awesome ! = ] thanks everybody

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    dude go to bestbuy and they will put it on 4 you ..problem solved
    Ironic comment. I was just in BestBuy and walked through the phone section... I bought a full front+back ZAGG for my Pre for $8... not because I needed it, but because it was just a couple of dollars more than the cost of shipping to get a warranty replacement from ZAGG. Now I have a spare...

They had the front-only version for regular price at $24, and the front/back was $8.99

The sales person speculated that it must be because most people only want the front skin, not both. Wuh? Most only want the front because they wouldn't want to pay extra, so let's sell the extra part but sell it for a third of the cost...

Why do people buy cell phones from big box retailers, anyway? Go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    it didn't come with a sponge, and I tried to run it under a faucet.

as for extremegaurd I can only think you are just promoting with only 4 posts
    You need to look through the packing material. There should have been a flat little white plastic tray. It is sealed, and has a tiny flat sponge and some solution in it... Easy to miss.

Without it, you will never get it to stick properly. With it, you can probably do it, and over the next few weeks it will just shrink itself tighter and tighter...

If you really didn't get the solution & sponge, you should return it for a new one. Once you fail the install, it's pretty tough to try it again with the same skin... They have a great how-to-install video on the zagg site, btw...
  10.    #10  
    im guessing they switched to a spray applicator... and I decided I don't want the zagg it adds to much bulk to the sides and makes my AGF GRT case more tense. Thanks I will be going with the Skinomi they seem to have the perfect protector for me...

LOVE IT
    im guessing they switched to a spray applicator... and I decided I don't want the zagg it adds to much bulk to the sides and makes my AGF GRT case more tense. Thanks I will be going with the Skinomi they seem to have the perfect protector for me...
    Yes, the drawback to the zagg is also it's best feature. zagg protects the corners - and murphy's law says that phones always land on corners when dropped. If you want to use your phone in a case or hoster, you have to use a Skintomi (or similar) to keep the sides clear. I have both, but I wont install the Skintomi unless I decide to get a case. Right now, it's usually in my pocket or on a touchstone.

Good luck with that!
    haha I will just go to bestbuy next time. Im looking at the phantom skinz or the skinomi.

Skinomi does have the protector I want. Just the front and not around the sides, so annoying extra stupid tabs that try to match the curvature.

Wondering if Phantomskinz contained the extra tabs. I see alot more people liking phantomskinz more.

Any promo codes would be awesome ! = ] thanks everybody
    phantom skins rock !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    phantom skins rock !!
    lol that didn't answer my question of if it has extra tabs for the corners haha could you give some insite on that? I saw they have a screen only kit wondering if that has the tabs

LOVE IT
    lol that didn't answer my question of if it has extra tabs for the corners haha could you give some insite on that? I saw they have a screen only kit wondering if that has the tabs
    It doesn't have the corners. Other than that, you won't be able to tell them apart. ZAGG covers the top, sides, and corners. The other style is just on the front and is case/holster friendly...
    phantom skins have corners but i removed mine when i put them on to be able to use the innocase with it . my apologies for not saying so earlier
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16.    #16  
    love conflicting answers haha. Shadavis dd you get the full body, and cantaffordit I'm guessing is actually speaking about the screen only kit? Thanks alot guys for your answers.

LOVE IT
    love conflicting answers haha. Shadavis dd you get the full body, and cantaffordit I'm guessing is actually speaking about the screen only kit? Thanks alot guys for your answers.
    i had two front covers that i bought
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Well, here is what I have from Skinomi... It's called the Tech Skin. I'd scan it for you but it is still in the package, and it's clear so it probably wouldn't show up

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Invisible Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS:…

My ZAGG invisible shield has corners. Here is what I have from ZAGG:

Amazon.com: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Palm Pre (Full Body): Cell…

Shadavis is saying he has a "phantom" skin... not sure who makes those... But they are all made from the same basic material... and maybe the phantom has corners?
    I can only vouch for the Skinomi Tech Skin as I've never used the others. But I can tell you that it is fairly easy to apply, and it comes with a spray solution and a plastic squeege to remove the bubbles. It is an excellent product.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, here is what I have from Skinomi... It's called the Tech Skin. I'd scan it for you but it is still in the package, and it's clear so it probably wouldn't show up

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Invisible Screen Protector Shield for Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS:

My ZAGG invisible shield has corners. Here is what I have from ZAGG:

Amazon.com: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Palm Pre (Full Body): Cell

Shadavis is saying he has a "phantom" skin... not sure who makes those... But they are all made from the same basic material... and maybe the phantom has corners?
    the phantom is like the zagg but easier to put on than the zagg . same type of corners too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast