1.    #1  
    I'd really like to use just the touchstone to plop my Pre on, when on my motorcycle. However, I would never feel that is enough to keep it from flying off the TS. So I have me an idea.

Take this:

Cut a hole in the back of it to fit around this:

Securely adhere the two of these things together, and have a way to use the TS, without the Pre sliding off!

Let me hear your thoughts, good or bad please!
    If you can attach it with the touchstone sticking through that hole, and create a secure way to attach your TS to the bike... you have a winner. You might be able to patent/sell those!
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    It doesn't look like a hard thing to do. In my past life I ran car audio shops... I would start buy cutting s hole and having a tight fit to start.. After I fit the TS I would plug it in and mount the Pre to see if it charges, If it don't charge I'd file the hole until it does. Then finish off with bumper epoxy, bumper epoxy is used to repair plastic bumpers and has a little flex to it. Helps with the vibrations of the bike. One more thought. Do you have a wind screen of some sort?
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
    It doesn't look like a hard thing to do. In my past life I ran car audio shops... I would start buy cutting s hole and having a tight fit to start.. After I fit the TS I would plug it in and mount the Pre to see if it charges, If it don't charge I'd file the hole until it does. Then finish off with bumper epoxy, bumper epoxy is used to repair plastic bumpers and has a little flex to it. Helps with the vibrations of the bike. One more thought. Do you have a wind screen of some sort?
    Yes, I currently have a full fairing sport bike. Mounting would be on the top of the triple tree, and fully protected from the front.

Thanx for the suggestion on the bumper epoxy. I was contemplating what would be a good adhesive for such a thing. I figured hot glue gun would work for a temp attachment for testing, but hadn't figured out a more permanent solution yet.
    To mount it to the bike I would look into a Camera, Phone or GPS mount so you can start with a solid foundation. If you know anything about fabrication it shouldn't be that hard to make something with some aluminum flat bar from home depot and a universal swivel mount of some kind.
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    is there enough clearance to have the holster around the Pre and the Pre still be able to charge on the TS?
    I've been thinking about the TS on my bike since I got the Pre, but haven't been able to work out how to keep it from flying off over bumps.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    is there enough clearance to have the holster around the Pre and the Pre still be able to charge on the TS?
    I've been thinking about the TS on my bike since I got the Pre, but haven't been able to work out how to keep it from flying off over bumps.
    My guess is no. That is why I figured on cutting a hole in the back of the holster, and adhering it to the TS. I believe the magnets only need a small amount of help to keep the Pre from being bumped off, and a holster should provide that.

However, I will see what kind of stuff I can dig up at home, and play with it over my bed(to keep my Pre from getting hurt). I'm sure I have some plastic or something I can use to put between the Pre and TS.
    I mean with the angle of the TS, even if you cut a hole in the back of the holster for the TS, would the bottom of the holster hit the surface the TS is attached to, preventing the Pre from aligning properly to charge?
    Guess I'm headed to Radio Shack in the morning to get a holster to "modify"
  10.    #10  
    For my mounting location, that wouldn't be an issue. But I hadn't considered it, all the same.
  11. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Any updates or pictures you can share of the great idea?
    check out sburblaw's extended battery mod thread he has tiny magnets that make the Pre adhere to the touchstone with some force. He modded mines and added those magnets and I have to hold the touchstone to the desk to get my Pre off the base. I would probably start with that and also make sure you keep both wheels on the ground no telling what would happen in the vertical position.