1.    #1  
    Im looking into a complete wireless solution in my truck and I wanted to know if phone calls are routed to the music gateway. Reason why I ask is because I like to use my bluetooth headset for phone calls, and then the music plays through my stereo wirelessly. Kinda like using the bluetooth now and plugging in the phone through the aux jack on my headunit. I like how it pauses the music while I am on a phone call through the headset and then it resumes when I'm done. The only thing I don't like about that setup is that I have to plug it in everytime.
    No, phone calls are not routed through it. I haven't tried using it while also paired to a bluetooth headset though.
  3.    #3  
    If you have a bluetooth headset, can you please test it out for me?
    I use the BB Music Gateway in my car with a Plantronics 520 headset. I really like the Music Gateway, power it from the USB port of my stereo and route the audio through the AUX in. Since the power turns on when I start the car, it automatically connects with my Pre. And when I turn the car off, the music player stops as well (because the BT disconnects). Sound is great ... an occasional BT glitch, but re-starting BT on the Pre will clear it right up.

The only problem is, when a call comes in, the Pre can't automatically switch to the headset. I have to power it up and/or hit the 'answer' button to make it connect. This takes a few seconds,and it's possible to miss the call. What I usually do is answer the call using the Pre speaker phone, and then switch over to the BT headset to have a real conversation.

When you hang up, you have to manually switch back to the Music Gateway (using the 'system' menu in the upper right corner). A little cumbersome, but I've gotten used to it. I love using the Music Gateway for music (no plugs to mess with), and I prefer a headset over a BT speaker phone ... so this setup works pretty well for me.
  5.    #5  
    So you are saying that you have to hit the answer button on the bluetooth headset to answer a call while using the gateway? If so then that will be perfect for me.
    all that countdown and you have nothing to say?
  7.    #7  
    are you drunk? thanks for ****in with my thread without answering my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    So you are saying that you have to hit the answer button on the bluetooth headset to answer a call while using the gateway? If so then that will be perfect for me.
    I'm saying that you can't have both devices actually connected at the same time. They're both "paired", but only one can be active. If the Music Gateway is active, and you hit the button on the BT headset, it will connect (and disconnect the Music Gateway). The only bad part is this takes a few seconds (longer than just answering), and you might miss the call. As I said, I usually answer using the speaker phone on the Pre and then switch to the BT headset, so I don't miss the call.
    Good thread, i am purchasing the gateway along with a touchstone for the ultimate wireless solution