1.    #1  
    I read in some forums where people shaved off some of the rubber on the sprint car cable to fit in touchstone and had it working. Although this method is debatable, just thought I'd share my trial.

Made sprint car charge cable fit in touchstone.

plugged into cigarette lighter

nothing happened. Then yellow sprint light went out. Cable no longer works and neither does my touchstone.

Woops!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    I read in some forums where people shaved off some of the rubber on the sprint car cable to fit in touchstone and had it working. Although this method is debatable, just thought I'd share my trial.

Made sprint car charge cable fit in touchstone.

plugged into cigarette lighter

nothing happened. Then yellow sprint light went out. Cable no longer works and neither does my touchstone.

Woops!
    Yea... I used the Sprint branded one for a couple of days... and it got HOT... so I switched to the Palm one.. never looked back... I have installed 5 different cars with it as well.. and I wouldn't use any other charger than the Palm brand...
    u might still get em on sale @ the Shack...

(PS the Sprint brand one I believe only barely puts out enough pwr to have the 'stone work... compared to the Palm one which is sufficient)
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    My Sprint charger was crappy--constanly losing its connection with the Pre. The Palm branded cigarette lighter - USB adapter one always works great.
  4.    #4  
    I was expecting it not to work. But I was surprised it ruined my charging cable and my TS.
    Ouch!

I was actually going to try this over the weekend. Sorry for your problem but thanks for the post.
    My experience is exactly the opposite. My Palm charger does not keep the TS charging, while the Sprint charger works perfectly with the TS. By the time I get home from work I have added 20% to 25% to the charge even while listening to Pandora through the car stereo.
    I've been using my Sprint microUSB Car Charger with my Touchstone in my car for several months now with no issues.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist