1.    #1  
    I am a newbie (does that make me a Pre-bie?) and I'm trying to sort out accessory options. On this forum I saw notice of the Radio Shack deal on a Touchstone, and my local store has the Touchstone plus the back cover for just under $16. But no cable. I wanted this as a second device (I got the free Touchstone with the AT&T offer) but didn't buy it because I needed to research how to power it.

Further searching on this forum revealed cables that work, but what about the adapter that connects the USB end to the electrical outlet?

Am I looking at getting the Touchstone at RS, and then finding a home charger ($5.97 for a generic one, on Amazon). Is that the most sensible combo or is there a smarter way to go?
    you need to buy another cable/adapter like the one that came with your phone. I haven't seen them at Radio shack, but you can get them on Amazon for less than $10 delivered. That gives you the wall adapter and the very nice cable - genuine Palm brand.

There is a thread in this forum where people are listing other wall adapters that they have tested with the TS, but my opinion is that for a few dollars, the Palm-branded solution is smaller, safer, etc.

I have 5 Touchstones, and I bought a bunch of the wall adapters on Amazon to go with them...
    Well, I have seven Touchstones (don't ask)...and have tried a wide range of solutions, but have learned the following:

- The standard cylindrical palm OEM charger is your best bet

- You can find one on eBay for $10 or less.

- If it comes with a USB cable, great...but if not, you can get the cables you need at monoprice.com for around $1.50 each in varying lengths

- If you do get a non-Palm usb cable, it will work, but you will need to break out some sandpaper to get it to fit in the TS. No worries...I have done that twice...and it's about a five minute job.

cheers,
    Steve
    Dang, cross post. You beat me
    Amazon.com: NEW OEM Palm Travel Charger for Pre Treo Pro 800w: Cell Phones & Service

Less than $10 delivered. I bought a bunch of these to leave around the house. Then I cleaned out a couple of radio shacks, and added a touchstone to 4 of them (5th is in the car...)
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Dang, cross post. You beat me
    Dude, SEVEN touchstones? We need to have an intervention for you. The electromagnetic wave field in your house must peel paint and ruin TV reception for most of your neighborhood.

LOL, I have 5 TSs... Livingroom, Wife's Car, My Car, Garage, and Bedroom.

I only recommend the OEM Palm chargers... I know they will work with the TS, the cable fits into the TS, and you can get them cheap. I've seen some scary insides in off-brand chargers... do not want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Dude, SEVEN touchstones? We need to have an intervention for you. The electromagnetic wave field in your house must peel paint and ruin TV reception for most of your neighborhood.

I have eight. I plan ahead.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...

It started so innocently...buying just one that my wife, my daughter, and I agreed to share...and then got out of hand over time. Now we have:

3 - one on each of our nightstands
    2 - one each at work for the wife and me
    1 - in our home office...for the days when we telecommute
    1 - on the kitchen counter...shared by all of us...usually used when we get home...booting off whoever else is currently on it

The wife actually saw another one at Radio Shack two days ago and called me asking if we needed another...and I finally resisted.

cheers,
    Steve
    Tell her to grab them, and then sell them to all the new AT&T users that will get hooked because "the first one is free"...

Dude, I'm most impressed that yu have your wife using a webOS phone. I could barely get mine to give up an ancient flip-phone to try one that has a touchscreen in addition to a physical keyboard (ENV Touch). Next renewal, I expect her to go back to a flip phone.

Even if I could get her to really look at the Pre, she is worried that she'd get whateer addiction I have and she'd never make eye contact with anyone again.. And that's certainly what has happened to me...

In your case, all those magnets... how do you get your car out of the garage? I can imagine once the door is up coming home, your car is sucked in at about 100fps from the magnetic pull. If you live near water, your house must be impacting the tides...

In your case, all those magnets... how do you get your car out of the garage? I can imagine once the door is up coming home, your car is sucked in at about 100fps from the magnetic pull. If you live near water, your house must be impacting the tides...

Satellites dip when they pass over.

Her last phone was one of the original TMobile Dashes...which she hated. She was ready to try anything else...and now continuously sings the Pre's praises to anyone who will listen. In fact, she just got someone at her office to buy one...which is why she was in Radio Shack....helping them find a TouchStone.

We are trying.
    For less than six bucks you can order the cable and wall adapter here. As stated, this is your best option.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.