1.    #1  
    Anyone have any thoughts on a good bluetooth speaker solution for the Pre? I'm looking for something primarily for home use. I use my Pre a lot for streaming music (Love grooveshark, pandora, etc! ) and want a good wireless bluetooth speaker. I searched around and found the Altec Soundblade but was wondering if anyone else found a better product out there? tx!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    Here's a review of the Altec Soundblade:

Altec Lansing inMotion SoundBlade Bluetooth Speaker - Review

Anyone have one of these? They're around $58 bucks on amazon these days? Anyone?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    i own the soundblade, which i bought specifically for use with my pre. it is easy to set up, reasonably priced, and offers decent sound. i'd recommend it. the next step up in audio quality costs three times the price of the soundblade, and my use case just doesn't justify that step up, so the soundblade is it for me.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    i own the soundblade, which i bought specifically for use with my pre. it is easy to set up, reasonably priced, and offers decent sound. i'd recommend it. the next step up in audio quality costs three times the price of the soundblade, and my use case just doesn't justify that step up, so the soundblade is it for me.
    Thanks arcane! Just got my soundblade and like it a lot. The sound is decent for the size, nothing spectacular but acceptable. What I really like about it though is the size! Wow, the device is thin!! The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to extend the kickout stand in the back to access the wall charger port. I wish the port location was elsewhere because my main intention was to mount the soundblase to the wall but that's not possible if you want to hook it up via a wall charger. But the batteries last long enough. Overall this is a pretty good package considering the price...

The Parrot Party speakers are really good for round the house duties. They're not the loudest and don't have AVCRP buttons but they do have a built-in rechargeable battery, work very well with a my Pre and are very sturdy. The soundblade looks good too though. But no automatic recharging is a PITA for me at least.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    i'm using the MBR-100 by Sony-Ericsson. You can use it with any Hifi system, the quality rocks and it's recharchable. It's plugged into my amp and starts charging as soon as i turn on the amp.
    oldies are goldies :-)