Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I bought one and charged it. But when I plug my phone the "charging" cycles on and off. I cannot get it to stay on charge. I have cleaned the contacts and pushed the phone securely into the holster but I cannot solve this. Anyone else?
    Did you try playing with the ON/OFF button on the Naztech, maybe that is stuck!

Rub your finger over that button, its to the left of the blue LEDS.

And clean all contacts with some alcohol!

Make sure the back cover is on the Pre correctly, the Naztech back cover has a tight fit and might not have snapped on correctly because of the snug fit.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    good job -- i have been thinking about changing from the uber kernel to the 1 ghz kernel -- how is it running?
    very smoothly, I use three benchmarks for smoothness on my phone, one; the Helicopter Game, 2, a couple of specific videos on youtube, and three; the VKB. with the 1gig Kernel, the Virtusl Keyboard is awesome. still lags just a little when coming up, but no noticable lag when typeing at all.
  3.    #103  
    OK!!! I talked to Dennis Hernandez in the R&D department at Hypercel (parent company of Naztech) today. He pulled up our thread while we were talking, and we talked about suggestions and why I think the back is so fragile. They are in the process of making new backs based on some new specs and he said they should have new backs in a couple of weeks or so. he told me if I did not hear from him in two weeks for me to call him directly and gave me his email and phone number. He said initialy they did not have backs available but now have had enough complaints it is an issue and sites like ours have "made some noise" andprompted them to address the issue. He said they looked at the complaints and decided not to make extra backs to the old specs but to make new backs for replacements and for future holsters. I am not super happy about the time frame but I know that it takes time to tool up for new stuff and hope they will make good ones. As soon as I know, I will update this thread and post info on how to get new/replacement backs.
  4.    #104  
    mespiff, switched back to Uberkernel because the f105 does not let you turn off the compcache in the Govnah, and on my phone the compcache was causing pauses that were anoying. No such animal with Uberkernel set to screenstate 500/800 with compcache off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    mespiff, switched back to Uberkernel because the f105 does not let you turn off the compcache in the Govnah, and on my phone the compcache was causing pauses that were anoying. No such animal with Uberkernel set to screenstate 500/800 with compcache off.
    I resisted the urge to try the 1g kenels as long as i could -- then when i finally had to i went with the warthog -- i prefer the ondemand scaler --it seems to give me the best all around performance.... so i ran it for a week and had a few freeze ups resulting in battery pulls then yesterday my pre got really hot on the TS and froze up -- it was near 100 here yesterday but i just feel a little unsure of that speed so i have gone back to uber kernel --it's performance has been extremely speedy and reliable and i have the pre plus so i have never even seen a TMC error --- thanks for letting me know -- i look forward to your report on naztech's customer service -- hopefully they will pull through for you
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I resisted the urge to try the 1g kenels as long as i could -- then when i finally had to i went with the warthog -- i prefer the ondemand scaler --it seems to give me the best all around performance.... so i ran it for a week and had a few freeze ups resulting in battery pulls then yesterday my pre got really hot on the TS and froze up -- it was near 100 here yesterday but i just feel a little unsure of that speed so i have gone back to uber kernel --it's performance has been extremely speedy and reliable and i have the pre plus so i have never even seen a TMC error --- thanks for letting me know -- i look forward to your report on naztech's customer service -- hopefully they will pull through for you
    I'm using the F105 Thunderchief version, no problems for me yet!

Right now as I write this, I'm at 95 degree Fahrenheit. I'm not even sure at what temperature I should be concerned about in Fahrenheit?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Success!!!!!! Thanks for the great pics....gonna post some later as well maybe....my case looks OEM...I had the Naztech case break on me trying to take it off....it broke right in half....these cases are not really good quality.
    Last edited by chrstegal1; 07/03/2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrstegal1 View Post
    Success!!!!!! Thanks for the great pics....gonna post some later as well maybe....my case looks OEM...I had the Naztech case break on me trying to take it off....it broke right in half....these cases are not really good quality.
    No they are not a good quality.

But if you've read a few message prior, Naztech is redesigning the case finally admitting that they have a problem.

Glad you got your mod working.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Is anyone leaving their Naztech home or at the office and using it as much, or much, like a Touchstone, and not always carrying it daily?

Also, if you leave it at home, do you leave it plugged in? I have heard mixed things over the years about the risks, or lack there-of, of leaving Lithium-ion and Lithium polymer batteries charging non-stop.

Personally, I go back and forth on carrying mine. If I think I will be out for a long period where battery life may be an issue, and I don't want the inconvenience of changing batteries, I'll bring it. Otherwise I leave it home (especially if I'm dressing up a bit). The only exception is when my 4 year old tells me to bring it because he likes the glowing lights.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Bought one from WirelessGround. It was defective. (Charge cycled on and off.) Sent it back, received a working replacement almost immediately.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Is anyone leaving their Naztech home or at the office and using it as much, or much, like a Touchstone, and not always carrying it daily?

Also, if you leave it at home, do you leave it plugged in? I have heard mixed things over the years about the risks, or lack there-of, of leaving Lithium-ion and Lithium polymer batteries charging non-stop.

Personally, I go back and forth on carrying mine. If I think I will be out for a long period where battery life may be an issue, and I don't want the inconvenience of changing batteries, I'll bring it. Otherwise I leave it home (especially if I'm dressing up a bit). The only exception is when my 4 year old tells me to bring it because he likes the glowing lights.
    I don't always use mine, that is why I made the modded Touchstone cover.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I don't always use mine, that is why I made the modded Touchstone cover.

Rob
    exactly -- i have a TS in the car - at home by the bed -- and at my desk -- i use the holster only when i will spend an extended time away from these 3 places
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  13.    #113  
    Still liking my Holster with the modded OEM back and have not heard back from them on new backs yet. I will give him a couple more weeks then contact again to see what is up.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456