Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 113
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by manueljaime View Post
    Anyone knows where could I get one of this? The ebay seller mentioned on the first page does not ship to Spain. Has anyone bought it somewhere else? Any reccomendations?

    Try going directly to the Naztech.com website.

    But their website is limited and not really that good, I think they have a limited distribution network.

    If you read my previous post, I list a phone number for Naztech, maybe you can call customer support and ask how to purchase out of the US.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hope it all works out for you - you could use some 3m - dinoc to give it a little more finished look -- not that you need it but i am just sayin
    OK just did a 'search' on this dinoc stuff, interesting. Is that why your back cover has that texture on it?

    Where did you purchase a small piece of it, from the search I only found big industrial sizes?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  3. #83  
    i did this to my regular T/S door


    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tery-door.html
    when i was doing the mods here i got some superglue on the back of the new cover so i put some of the carbon vinyl -- with the original cover i used a heat gun to get the corners to flatten out but was never too happy with the completed product -- for this modified cover i cut out a piece that only fit on the back -- sorry for the crappy pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #84  
    3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl : Carbon Fiber Gear

    i bought mine from here -- 12 x 12 for 15 bucks or some such --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5. #85  
    Ok, thanks, got the link from you!

    But because mine looked so ugly compared to your 'carbon fiber' version, I was jealous even though I managed to save the original covers on both, but you had broken your cover already from your story.

    Anyway, to make mine a tad nicer looking today I applied a little piece of black textured 'contact' paper. Very simple, very cheap, I had a whole roll laying around.

    So here is a picture of it.

    Rob

    UPDATE: I just ordered a piece of the carbon fiber stuff (and read about it, it's not really carbon fiber, it's just a textured contact paper from what I read and understand) Anyway, they had a sample size 4"x8" for $8 no shipping charge! So that a good deal, I would think for anyone else interested in this stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 06/21/2010 at 04:02 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok, thanks, got the link from you!

    But because mine looked so ugly compared to your 'carbon fiber' version, I was jealous even though I managed to save the original covers on both, but you had broken your cover already from your story.

    Anyway, to make mine a tad nicer looking today I applied a little piece of black textured 'contact' paper. Very simple, very cheap, I had a whole roll laying around.

    So here is a picture of it.

    Rob

    UPDATE: I just ordered a piece of the carbon fiber stuff (and read about it, it's not really carbon fiber, it's just a textured contact paper from what I read and understand) Anyway, they had a sample size 4"x8" for $8 no shipping charge! So that a good deal, I would think for anyone else interested in this stuff.
    i like the look of what you did there too -- nice job
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7.    #87  
    Just sent an email to customer service because a chunk of the back cover broke off to see if they will give me or let me buy a new one. I do have a OEM back comming and if they will not get me one, I will mod the OEM back. Anyone succesful with that (getting a new Naztech back) yet?
    Last edited by jakelaw; 06/21/2010 at 11:05 PM.
  8.    #88  
    Also, I figured out what the issue is with (at least I think) the charging port. On mine, if you look close, the port does not go straight into the device, it goes at an angle down. So just remember to slide down when you put it in and you will be just fine.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Also, I figured out what the issue is with (at least I think) the charging port. On mine, if you look close, the port does not go straight into the device, it goes at an angle down. So just remember to slide down when you put it in and you will be just fine.
    Great advice!

    I also found that they some how mounted the USB charging port on the Naztech with a funny angled down (towards the back of charger). So when you plug the USB cable into angle in a download angle, otherwise I think you will end up breaking the tab inside of the charging port.

    It's apparent that there are a few minor design issues that I don't they will fix considering the Pre is now considered an older phone. But I'm glad they did put one out for the Pre. I am using the Naztech over my 3 other usb external portable charging devices.

    The guy Richard said he would send me a backcover, I talked with him this week so I will give him about 10 days and let you know if I get a replacement.

    Also, since I did order the carbon fiber stuff, I am wondering if anyone has a backcover template so I can have a perfect cut out of the carbon fiber.

    You know the template that sometimes comes with the screen protectors that are generally universal that would come with templates that you can use to make good cut outs?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  10. #90  
    is there a step by step guide on how to do the mod.? thanks...i just ordered my Naztech holster a few days ago and want to use it with the TS too
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrstegal1 View Post
    is there a step by step guide on how to do the mod.? thanks...i just ordered my Naztech holster a few days ago and want to use it with the TS too
    there are 2 ways to do it so far -- both rlanza 1054 and myself have pretty much documented what we did in this thread --- so far mine is still running strong
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12. #92  
    I bought one and charged it. But when I plug my phone the "charging" cycles on and off. I cannot get it to stay on charge. I have cleaned the contacts and pushed the phone securely into the holster but I cannot solve this. Anyone else?
    Laissez Faire
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I bought one and charged it. But when I plug my phone the "charging" cycles on and off. I cannot get it to stay on charge. I have cleaned the contacts and pushed the phone securely into the holster but I cannot solve this. Anyone else?
    Figured it out: it does not work with the F105 1 gig kernel.
    Laissez Faire
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Figured it out: it does not work with the F105 1 gig kernel.
    Did you confirm this on the Kernel thread? There should be no reason a kernel would interfere with charging I don't think.
  15.    #95  
    I sent an email to Richard at Hypercel today about my back to see if I get a response because I have not gotten a responce back from my regular trouble ticket contact from the Naztech site. Hopefully I can get a new back. If not, I should be getting a new OEM back in the mail on Monday and will mod it.
  16. #96  
    rlanza 1054 does your mod still work? and mespiff all you did was solder the positive and negative to the TS, correct?
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrstegal1 View Post
    rlanza 1054 does your mod still work? and mespiff all you did was solder the positive and negative to the TS, correct?
    yes i just stacked the two sets of contacts and ran a bead of solder across each set of contacts 1 for the positive and 1 for the negitive -- so far working great -- the first try i got the solder a little high and this caused the back to bow a little which caused some rocking on the TS ( in the car this was no good ) i resoldered it getting a little cleaner bead that was flatter -- took 3 or 4 trys --to be honest a pain in the tookus -- i like Rob's mod for the fact that he did not have to impact the TS components -- I did recieve your PM and forgot to get back to you -- with my work schedule right now i do not think that you would be happy with the amount of time it would take to turn a project at home around -- i am glad to give advice when my daughter doesn't catch me on the computer --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18.    #98  
    Just finished modding my new back with the Naztech innards. It is a good thing I ordered a spare because the first time I drilled the holes (7/16 inch bit works awesome) my bit walked a little and the hole ended up out of wack. Re-marked the spare OEM back and drilled and it worked great. It looks OEM and works great. More importantly, the back fits right, and I don't think I will have any problems with tabs breaking off.
    @ Prubin, you may want to check other solutions to your cycling on/off issue unless the Kernel you had installed was pre -60 version. I have been testing the F105 for three days now, but did not have my holster up and running until now so I could not check your results. I can say that with the -60 Kernel, I have had it on the holster for 20 minutes now and no cycling. The holster is back!!!
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Just finished modding my new back with the Naztech innards. It is a good thing I ordered a spare because the first time I drilled the holes (7/16 inch bit works awesome) my bit walked a little and the hole ended up out of wack. Re-marked the spare OEM back and drilled and it worked great. It looks OEM and works great. More importantly, the back fits right, and I don't think I will have any problems with tabs breaking off.
    @ Prubin, you may want to check other solutions to your cycling on/off issue unless the Kernel you had installed was pre -60 version. I have been testing the F105 for three days now, but did not have my holster up and running until now so I could not check your results. I can say that with the -60 Kernel, I have had it on the holster for 20 minutes now and no cycling. The holster is back!!!
    good job -- i have been thinking about changing from the uber kernel to the 1 ghz kernel -- how is it running?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrstegal1 View Post
    rlanza 1054 does your mod still work? and mespiff all you did was solder the positive and negative to the TS, correct?
    Sorry, I was away!

    Yes, I'm still working and its great!

    Yes, just solder the leads, I used an Ohm meter to make sure which contact went to correct TS contacts, I did not mention that in any of my pictures.

    But I guess I could crack it open and take a look, no wait, just look at the picture. I believe you can follow my wires. I used a RED wire and a WHITE if I'm not mistaken. So you can probably follow where they should go from the pictures.

    I did have one unfortunate thing happen to the Naztech over the weekend.

    It totally cracked on the side, and I'm not sure how it happened, and made the whole thing useless. But I managed to cement it back with airplane model glue.

    So I am concerned in how that happend and if that corner (bottom right on the side) is susceptible to cracking if it falls just the right way?

    But over all, it's great!

    Highly recommend this thing! I have 3 other USB battery chargers and this is far by the best!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions