Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So I have a touchstone at work that I use for my Pre that's worked fine for the last 6+months; no change in cord, power, location, etc...and suddenly last week it started to intermittantly not charge. I wiggle it around and try to get it just right, but now it doesn't charge at all!

I take the cord out of the touchstone and plug it into my Pre and it charges; and I have another touchstone at home I use that works fine...so this touchstone just stopped working. Does anyone think I can turn it in to a Sprint store to replace it, or am I SOL?

I saw the previous topic about restarting, but that does nothing; like I said, the touchstone at home works, just the one at work has randomly pettered out and now completely doesn't work.
    I suggest you contact Palm directly about any issues with that. Couple months ago the AC adapter that came with my Pre started doing something similar and I contacted Palm about it and they replaced it, no charge.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Not to totally admit how ignorant I am...but how would I go about "contacting" Palm?
    You would be best to contact Sprint (or current carrier) as you will get charged around $15 on Palm's support line. Your carrier can validate warranty procedures for you and should be able to help out.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You would be best to contact Sprint (or current carrier) as you will get charged around $15 on Palm's support line. Your carrier can validate warranty procedures for you and should be able to help out.
    $15? Who do they think they are? Microsoft?
    If they find out you have a warranty problem, they waive this fee. They waived it for me when I called to have my AC adapter replaced because it was on the fritz.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    First step should be to swing by a verizon store where they have a touchstone as part of their display. That way you can try your touchstone on their phone, etc to make sure the issue is in the touchstone and not in the battery, cover, or other aspect of the phone.

Once you are sure it's the touchstone, I would think you could get it replaced from wherever you bought it. You should have a 1 year warranty from Palm, but I'd start with where you purchased it...

If you want to contact Palm, just go to their support forum where you can "chat" for free with a tech. They are reasonably knowledgeable with things like this.

You can also PM Hard Beatz here for guidance, as he works for Palm and hangs out here to be awesome and helpful...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help everyone!
    just for the hell of it,,look in back of ts where you plug in,,look in with a flashlight and see if the prong that the plug connects to is bent up or down. This happen to me once. Thought ts was dead. Got a very small screw driver and straiting it out. Sometimes when you plug cord in they tend to bend if you don't plug it in straight on.
    i wish i had a touchstone haha
    Quote Originally Posted by r0xah View Post
    i wish i had a touchstone haha
    they are on close-out special for $20 or less at Radio Shack. Everyone should have one...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Well you might be able to get a palm pre 2 touchstones and 2 carry cases for $100 on ebay
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    I did it via web chat, and didn't get charged anything.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Contact Palm Support via Live Chat
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Went to a Sprint store and they fixed me up; no charge
    damn outta my 4 touchstones I have not had any issues with them yet! knock on wood!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they are on close-out special for $20 or less at Radio Shack. Everyone should have one...
    ...or eight. I have two of mine that I've tried so far that have issues. Was considering just returning them, but if the live palm chat can RMA replacements, I'm going to do that instead. I hate phone support queues.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    One of the last two touchstones I bought at Radioshack (I have 4, might just have to buy at least one more ) was bad when I got it (did the stop/start charging cycle when the battery hit "100%"). I took it back and they swapped it out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    One of the last two touchstones I bought at Radioshack (I have 4, might just have to buy at least one more ) was bad when I got it (did the stop/start charging cycle when the battery hit "100%"). I took it back and they swapped it out for me.
    I'd do that if I hadn't already cleaned out their stock. I think there's only one more store in the metro area that I haven't been to. When my wife's contract comes up in a couple months, she'll be getting a Pre Plus as well, so the $16 clearance deal was too good to pass up.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...