Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I know that Seidio had said they would be coming out with a touchstone back for their 2600 battery back; does anyone know the latest eta? I know there is a guy who will adapt the included seidio extended back for the touchstone, but he is rather expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    I know that Seidio had said they would be coming out with a touchstone back for their 2600 battery back; does anyone know the latest eta?
    Yes....two weeks after this:

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Sweet! Is that pig in Flash, too?
    Sweet! Is that pig in Flash, too?
    Flash will be out shortly after this:

I think he charge is reasonable. In his thread there are photos and discussions for those brave enough or do-it-yourselfers

And since Radio Shack has the touchstone+back on close out for $15 to $20... it's really a bargain. Once he is done moving, I will be sending my stuff to him for a conversion...
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Believe me, I'm not disputing whether or not it is reasonable; I simply can't afford it. :-)
    Believe me, I'm not disputing whether or not it is reasonable; I simply can't afford it. :-)
    Are you brave enough to try it yourself?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Maybe....
    Ok....here is the post where Seidio says they will not be producing a touchstone compatible 2600mAh Battery/Door. Note that this was back in September 2009, I haven't heard of anything changing since then.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

First of all, thank you all very much for your continous support of Seidio! It is customers and people like you that drive us to provide innovative and quality products!

After months of discussion and researching, we have decided to stop looking into the possiblity of producing a Touchstone compatible Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery.

Here at Seidio, we take pride in recognizing every customer comment by heart and taking every suggestions seriously. Efforts were placed into this and we will not bore you all with the details. But at the end of the day, it was not feasible for Seidio to pursue this possibility any further.

Hope this clears up a few points. Thank you all once again, and please let us know if you have any other questions or comments.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Oh. Hmm.
    the mod works great for the 2600. I tried myself getting the components off was easy. the soldering of the extended contacts proved to be a little too tricky for me so I sent it off to get finished. This is another guy doing it step by step http://www.flickr.com/photos/49184575@N08/
    Is this patented technology? If so that would explain why the stopped development of the touchstone cover.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    that sucks, no touchstone battery door with extended battery.
    the touchstone guts can be added to the seidio back. There is a guy on these forums that will do it for $50 delivered. Also there are links to videos and pics for anyone that wants to do it yourself. I bought the touchstone+back at radio shack for $20 and will be sending it to him as soon as he is taking orders again...

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...ouchstone.html
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I just bought my TS with back at radio shack for 15.99 I am going to try this out.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I guess I should say my second one I wanted a back up lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmjj View Post
    I guess I should say my second one I wanted a back up lol.
    If all else fails Touchstone Compatible Extended Batteries Palm Pre www.TouchstoneMods.com...Ready to ship
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html