Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Okay so I've seen enough fire sales of the Touchstone to make me a little uncomfortable... is this cool accessory being phased out permanently???

Here's my post about it... ANOTHER Touchstone Fire Sale?! (This time it’s Best Buy!) | webOSroundup

Anybody know anything????
    Palm III --> Palm Zire 71 --> Palm Zire 72 --> Palm Treo 650 --> iPhone --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pre 2 --> HP Pre 3
    I wonder if it is a contract conflict with HP. Also when the HP deal is completed, Radio Shack and Best Buy will only have product from HP to worry about.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Okay so I've seen enough fire sales of the Touchstone to make me a little uncomfortable... is this cool accessory being phased out permanently???

Here's my post about it... ANOTHER Touchstone Fire Sale?! (This time itís Best Buy!) | webOSroundup

Anybody know anything????
    I don't think so... I think it's a more accurate reflection of what people are willing to pay. $70 for a charger is excessive no matter how awesome it is.

The cost estimate on manufacture for each charger was somewhere in the vicinity of $5. So even at $20-30, which is more in line with what people think a charger should cost, I'm pretty sure that Palm is still raking in sweet profit.
    Radio shack here is selling the Touchstone for 15.00 today.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Radio shack here is selling the Touchstone for 15.00 today.
    Radio Shack firesale makes sense given that they need to clear out everything related to my belov-ed Pre. Palm's already been paid for those ones... wonder if Radioshack is selling at the retailer's cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Radio Shack firesale makes sense given that they need to clear out everything related to my belov-ed Pre. Palm's already been paid for those ones... wonder if Radioshack is selling at the retailer's cost.
    It may be c.ose to cost. I bet they are still making 2-3.00 on each but every other Palm Pre/Pixi item was also on closeout too.

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    when I bought mine, the sales guy tried to tell me that the palm pre was going away.
    apparently rs is removing it from inventory.
    Just got my at&t Pre and went to Radio Shack for some accessories. They have stopped carrying Pre (Sprint) and I got Touchstones for $15.97 and a case, car charger, etc. ALL Pre stuff on sale really cheap.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Maybe Palm is going to include a touchstone in the box with their next generation of phones, hence not needing to keep a huge inventory in local stores??? They are already putting the touchstone backs on the Pre+ models out of the box.....
    Touchstone is very cheap to make esp when it doesn't even have the AC/DC adapter portion! Palm is banking on accessories (which isn't a bad idea).
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Maybe Palm is going to include a touchstone in the box with their next generation of phones, hence not needing to keep a huge inventory in local stores??? They are already putting the touchstone backs on the Pre+ models out of the box.....
    Hmm! Another interesting idea. Thanks for the post!
    Palm III --> Palm Zire 71 --> Palm Zire 72 --> Palm Treo 650 --> iPhone --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pre 2 --> HP Pre 3
    Radio Shack sells Sprint Pres, so it makes sense they'd discontinue carrying them. Works well for me since I picked up four Touchstones for ~$16 each and a few car chargers (for the cord) for $10. My AT&T Pre came with the Touchstone back already.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...