1.    #1  
    I sure thought I saw replacement 2600mah doors somewhere for like $9 a while back but I can't find them period now.

Does Seidio sell just the extended door anywhere? Or better yet, since Siedio's plastic is so cheap anyway, does anyone else sell the door?
    do you have a 2600 battery already, and need a replacement? Or are you thinking about getting one (because the extended back comes with it). I don't recall them offering the cover without the battery on their site, but I'll bet that if you call/email them they will sell it to you. They sell a replacement for the standard cover, so at least they understand the concept...

Also, if you think their plastic is cheap, you might try covering it with a ZAGG or similar cover. Those things are made out of material used on the leading edge of aircraft wings and are pretty indestructible. It would add a great deal of strength to the cover. I have one on the screen, but I prefer the matte finish so I don't have one on the back. But if I scratched it or cracked it, that's how I would reinforce it (after epoxy, naturally).

http://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-invisible...bosnation0e-20
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/17/2010 at 08:18 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Hadn't considered a protector for added strength, although I don't care for the look it would give.

Do they make a rear protector for the extended size door?

I do have the battery already, along one side near the usb port it has a crack in it.

What I may do is just reinforce the inside with gorilla tape or something.
    A coat of spray on Plasti Dip might beef up the outside too .... or make it look like crap.

I'll shoot them an email.
    i too would like to get a new cover. i have a battery that i purchased from another company but the camera hole is a bit too small. it kinda adds a lil dark corner on my photos
    Quote Originally Posted by GQGeek81 View Post
    Hadn't considered a protector for added strength, although I don't care for the look it would give.

I do have the battery already, along one side near the usb port it has a crack in it.

What I may do is just reinforce the inside with gorilla tape or something.
    A coat of spray on Plasti Dip might beef up the outside too .... or make it look like crap.

I'll shoot them an email.
    I agree with the glossy look not being what I want. Since I haven't dropped my Pre yet, I haven't had a chance to see if it is very strong.

If you have a crack, I'd suggest you put a thin coat of epoxy on the inside, and maybe use a few strands of copper from a speaker wire for added strength across the crack. Then use the handyman's secret weapon - duct tape (or gorilla tape) over that.

I'm also wondering if there would be a way to put the zagg invisishield in the inside because it would fit the shape. Not sure if there is enough room and I don't have one to try. But, I might mess with the unused part of the cutout just to gauge available space....

Let us know what Siedio says about selling the door. It's only a matter of time before more of us drop ours and find out if they are fragile...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    i too would like to get a new cover. i have a battery that i purchased from another company but the camera hole is a bit too small. it kinda adds a lil dark corner on my photos
    For that I would try using sand paper or a utility knife to make it a tiny bit bigger. As the width for each companies battery could be different and the design for the back cover is made usually for that battery, I suppose you could try other ones but if the battery is to big or to loose it would not surprise me. Though I could be wrong as well and you might find a perfect fit

But personally the cheaper, easiest and fastest way would just do a tinny bit of trimming/sanding. Take it off first so you do not scratch the lens.

Good luck either way
  7.    #7  
    Seidio sent me a reply that someone would get back to me in a day or two.

On the other hand I did notice that Amzer sells a replacement door for their 2800mah batter.

Its $20!!!

Seems a bit pricey. I'm not sure how it compares to the 2600mah door. It does look like they did a better job of allowing for the lens/flash.

In any event before I spend $20 I'm just going to fix my existing door to be sure.

If only the GRT case came in an extended version with a touchstone back that didn't look like Mickey Mouse.....
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    It would seem that Sieddio does not have the replacment door for the extended battery then! (Thanks jwags)
    Last edited by csquare; 05/17/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    ^^^ Not true..That battery door is only compatible with the original battery NOT the 2600 battery. It says so, on the last line.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    ^^^ Not true..That battery door is only compatible with the original battery NOT the 2600 battery. It says so, on the last line.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Sorry for the double post.
  12.    #12  
    Seidio emailed me and said they would make a "special order" for me of 14.95 + 3 something S&H

That's still almost $20 for a cheap piece of plastic. Frankly if they send it to me in a bubble mailer I'd be surprised if I get it in one piece.

In any event I just got my 2nd Pre today and before I could get home with it the power button started going crazy (and no, paper does not help)

As much as I love WebOS I've come to hate this phone.

I can upgrade in July... I think I'll be leaving Palm, at least till they put something out that's built better than something I'd get at the Dollar General.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    They told me that they only sell them in combo with extended battery.
    Seidio will sell a door alone. i have purchased one by calling them. it is 14$ something plus shipping. they were very helpful.
    EOM
    Well if you need a door that is touchstone compatible, look no further. Links in my signature
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html