1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Before anyone asks, yes - I googled this problem and have taken off the screen protector that came on the phone and have not put a new one on yet. I just got the Pre today (from ATT) and successfully connected it to the Parrot bluetooth in my car.

Problem is that the screen goes dark (as the phone is not against my ear while talking) and I can't hang up the phone once I am done with my conversation. Is there any way to keep the screen lit up while I am talking and the phone is just sitting in my cup holder?

thanks in advance for any help
    whats the model number, or the name of the bluetooth that your using. Like some cellphones, some bluetooths don't work to well with certain bluetooth devices. Try another one, if you have one.
  3.    #3  
    Bluetooth device is working fine - I just need to know how to keep my screen from going dark while on a call. Perhaps I should post this in a different section on the forum? Thanks anyway...
    You didn't understand well11's question (nor did you answer it). Your BT might be working fine but the BT hw might be interfering with your Pre functionality.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    OK - the bluetooth is a Parrot v5. It's hardwired into my car and it is the only bluetooth device I own. I spent quite a bit to get it installed so using a different device is out of the question. I guess I just need the answer to one question - is there any way to keep my screen 'lit up' while on a call until I hang up? Thanks...
    How long after you are on your call does the screen go dark? While on a BT call, the screen will timeout just like normal (default of 60s). If that is the case, just turn the screen back on to hang it up. Alternatively, you can hang it up via your bluetooth device, which should cause the screen to turn back on anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by snvyas View Post
    Hey all,

Before anyone asks, yes - I googled this problem and have taken off the screen protector that came on the phone and have not put a new one on yet. I just got the Pre today (from ATT) and successfully connected it to the Parrot bluetooth in my car.

Problem is that the screen goes dark (as the phone is not against my ear while talking) and I can't hang up the phone once I am done with my conversation. Is there any way to keep the screen lit up while I am talking and the phone is just sitting in my cup holder?

I'm going to have to make a few of assumptions...

1. Your screen is going off due to the usual timeout, i.e. dim then off.
    2. You do want to have to push the power button to turn the screen back on.
    3. Your BT device doesn't allow you to end a call.

If at least 1 & 2 are true, you would need a patch to keep the screen on during a BT call.

Quote Originally Posted by snvyas View Post
    Is there any way to keep the screen lit up while I am talking and the phone is just sitting in my cup holder?

This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm serious - which way up is the Pre in the cupholder ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    yeah because the reason i ask about the BT you are using is because I have used about 4 different ones, and only 2 work properly with the pre. One bluetooth would randomly make calls on me, another one would freeze my phone up, note all 4 BT's work fine, its just that all BT's are not configured for every phone. I suggest maybe seeing if your able to try another BT if you have one, or maybe going into a store and ask if you can try one of the display ones out just to make sure its the BT you are using, not a phone issue.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks all...

~ What patch would I use to keep the screen lit for the entire call?

~ The phone was actually laying flat (due to the fact that it was being charged) on the top of the cup holder. However when not being charged it sits upright in the cup holder (have yet to do that since I just got it).