Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Hmm seems interesting. but not much pictures and details. it looks like its touchstone based if i understand it correctly. LEDs will get annoying really fast though
    looks pretty awsome! my only concern is that the phone has to clip in screen out, so, if it slips free, as phones tend to do with holsters (it's why I don't own a holster), it will come right down on the screen.

That said, it IS pretty cool and for $35 I would be tempted to try it out.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    so this is actually a holster with battery in it. it doesn't replace your palm's battery only charges it. can the phone be used while its charging in the holster?
    Also seems to be pretty good compromise for those that don't want to use fat extended batteries. Hmm I might give this a try, not bad for $35
  4.    #5  
    exactly my thoughts guys. with 1150mh on board and 2400 in the holster, theoretically that is almost two full charges from the holster. I am thinking I could get two days out of this set up. I think I will try it and report back.
    My fear is that I have NEVER known a holster to not A) scratch up the phone from removal/replacement and B) release the phone at an unexpected time (i.e., getting up or down from a seat) and have the phone hit the ground.

Since this holster holds the phone screen out, that's pretty much an instant hundred bucks to Asurion.

I also found one review on one site, where a guy said it was great for charging his phone but the clip broke off. So, you be the judge. I really want to do it because I want the constant charge, but I really don't want a broken phone.

Also, how much does this thing weigh?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    how does it connect to the phone? Is it using the touchstone back?
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    can the phone be used while its charging in the holster?
    Probably, so long as you don't mind that upper clip sticking into your ear.
    I would need a precentral review first, but this looks pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    This would be great for a camping trip without power. We could use it just to recharge overnight.
    I have an external battery that I can use when there is not outlet availa le. It was less that 20 bucks delivered. I think I git it from geeks.com

nothing fancy, but it works in a pinch...

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=0900-72&cat=CEL
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Pelikan3 where did u find a review of this? can you post a link?

there are few questions remain for me before I buy it.
    1) Will their back cover work with touchstone
    2) how big and heavy is this holster
    3) how easy is it to remove pre from it, because having screen facing out is a recipe for disaster in my case
    4) can the holster and pre be charged from USB at the same time
    ... And how does the power get from the holster to the phone? There isn't a connector on the pre like there is on an iphone. Is it using the touchstone back???
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    it looks like its using some sort of touchstone because it comes with their own "special" back cover. I hope that its touchstone compatible so that i don't need to swap the covers when I need to charge it on touchstone
    someone needs to buy one and then post a review.....

...volunteers? (grin)
    It says back included... guessing its a back that has pass-thru prongs to the touchstone contacts in the phone... probably doesnt use the actual touchstone tech.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This is the same device that is made for the iPhone which I have used. Here is what I found with the iPhone version:
    The phone sits securly in the holster so there is no tendency of the phone to "pop out" of the holster. It is actually slightly difficult to get the phone out of the holster, but can be done. The holster does have an on/off switch which makes it nice to use only when necessary or whenever you choose. It does not take long at all for the holster to charge the phone which is a plus. You can also charge both the phone and the holster on the USB cable. The drawback is that the holster does decrease reception performance of the phone. In some instances, if there were marginal signal, you would completly loose signal with the holster on. This was the killer for me!
    Hope this helps, but again, this was with the iPhone version.
    Holy frakkin spaghetti. This is exactly what I've been hoping for since my GF got a Mophie Juicepack for her iPhone. Does anyone know any details about where to get one of these outside of eBay? I'm off on a Google hunt ...

EDIT: Just found it here. Anyone know of Fommy.com or done business with them before? I want this yesterday.

EDIT 2: Well, I was all set to plunk down the cash, but then I read these terrible reviews of Fommy.com. Think I'll see if I can find this item at another vendor's site ... but that looks like it's gonna be tough.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 05/17/2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    this looks like a great idea if it uses touchstone back. If i have to swap out the back for the touch stone that'd be kind of a pain. Though I dunno how efficient it would be.
    looks like the phone would still be pocketable, if you could remove the belt clip, not really a belt clip kind of guy. :-/

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast