Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I bought one after seeing this here. I'll report back when I get it. It looks cool & I really need something to make me feel comfortable about my battery life. I can't charge my phone at work & a couple of times I thought my phone was going to die on me. If this works, it will be a life saver. I paid for it on Sat 5/15. We'll see soon, I hope.

If anyone still wants one, I found 3 still on eBay by doing a search for:
    2400mAh Premium Extended Battery Case For Palm Pre+Plus
    have you got yours yet? If you did, please post your results on the new review thread. I think this is something the precentral store should cary.
    So... for those that have the holster and have been playing with it, tell me if this sounds like normal battery performance.

I took my holster off the charger at 100% after having it sit and charge all day. I had just charged my Pre to at or slightly under 100%. I put the two together, plugged in a set of speakers (self powered) and ran music for about 50 minutes. In that time, the phone reached or held 100%, but the holster battery dropped by 1 LED.

I thought music playing was so low demand that you could gain as much as 24 hours of extra music playing (I assume, this means exclusively, not in combination with the other features). So, it seems that my holster should not have dropped that much with that high a charge already on the phone.

I also noticed, last night, that I took the holster off the charger around 6pm, barely used the phone, except for GPS for about 20 minutes (which I did out of holster) and the holster dropped to 2 battery lights by about 9:30pm. I had no phone use up until around 9pm and I downloaded 1 song around then, then no more phone use until close to 10pm.

So, it seems that little bursts of use eat battery on my phone and pull a lot from the holster to balance out.

Does this sound normal or do I have a defective one?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Yes, I did get mine. I was late getting to the post office to pick it up but I have it and have put my review up here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-review-2.html
    I really like it but wish it would work with the touchstone back too.
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Yes, I did get mine. I was late getting to the post office to pick it up but I have it and have put my review up here:
    [url]
    I really like it but wish it would work with the touchstone back too.
    So... Does my experience parallel yours? Does it burn through power fast?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Just a quick update. If you decide to buy this, do NOT buy from Source Depot, even if you have to pay substantially more with someone else.

I bought my first device from them on May 15th. It took until May 24th to get it.

I had it only a few days before the USB charging port broke off the circuit board inside and fell inside the device. I contacted them and they said to send it back for review.

June 4th, I mailed it back.

June 7th they received it.

June 10th they contacted me to tell me they would issue me a new device and it would mail in 2-3 days from that day (so, ideally June 12/13).

June 14th I contacted them for tracking info and they said they still hadn't shipped, and they don't give tracking info for RMA's

Their turnaround time sucks. I bought the device on May 15th and had it less than a week. The rest of the time has been their processing time with a little time in transit. I highly recommend choosing someone else. Anyone else.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123