Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21  
    Seems to be made by a company called NazTech. The holster in question is on the third or fourth page of the "What's New" catalog there, but it doesn't seem possible to buy direct from them. Likely they're a wholesaler, and you have to buy them in bulk. Unfortunately, every dealer I found on Google had gotten terrible reviews - I had no idea how shady some of these accessory companies could be ... but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

    Would love it if the store here at PreCentral would pick these up!!
  2. csquare's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #22  
    VCI, I would bet that since AT&T sells this for the iPhone in their stores, it will not be long before they have it for the Pre+.
  3. csquare's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #23  
    VCI, I would bet that since AT&T sells this for the iPhone in their stores, it will not be long before they have it for the Pre+.
  4.    #24  
    Just put a bid in. If I win, I will post back.
  5. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #25  
    Looks like a good idea, please let us know if it's worth it.

    I do wish the phone would face inwards instead of outwards. My current belt clip holster holds the pre inwards allowing me to release my pre into my hand and it's already facing the correct way for me to view.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Holy frakkin spaghetti. This is exactly what I've been hoping for since my GF got a Mophie Juicepack for her iPhone. Does anyone know any details about where to get one of these outside of eBay? I'm off on a Google hunt ...

    EDIT: Just found it here. Anyone know of Fommy.com or done business with them before? I want this yesterday.

    EDIT 2: Well, I was all set to plunk down the cash, but then I read these terrible reviews of Fommy.com. Think I'll see if I can find this item at another vendor's site ... but that looks like it's gonna be tough.
    Is there a specific reason why you don't want to buy from eBay? I have my reservations too, but something this cheap is generally worth the risk. I wouldn't buy a TV on ebay, but a battery... sure. I usually check Amazon first, but eBay is an option...
  7. #27  
    I found some info and credible places to buy (maybe)

    Rechargeable Battery Pack 2400 mAh Energy Holster For Palm Pre,Palm Pre Plus

    Naztech Palm Pre Plus Energy Holster

    Hypercel Online :: Your Cell Phone Accessory Store

    $40 at MyCellWorld.com but they are another "fommy" website... anyone have experience with them?

    Edit: Here it is on YouTune:

    http://treotiger.com/Rechargeable-Ba...ter-P87764.htm
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/18/2010 at 02:43 PM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I found some info and credible places to buy (maybe)

    Rechargeable Battery Pack 2400 mAh Energy Holster For Palm Pre,Palm Pre Plus

    Naztech Palm Pre Plus Energy Holster

    Hypercel Online :: Your Cell Phone Accessory Store

    $40 at MyCellWorld.com does anyone have experience with them?

    Edit: Here it is on YouTune:

    Rechargeable Battery Pack 2400 mAh Energy Holster
    MyCellWorld and TreoTiger are part of Fommy (awful reviews mentioned before). The other links you provided are some of the others I checked out yesterday - they all have pretty awful reviews, with problems ranging from lying about stock levels, to shipping delays, to refund problems. Rough! Thanks for posting them, though ... I imagine someone here will buy from one of them and give us their experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by cantaffordit
    Is there a specific reason why you don't want to buy from eBay? I have my reservations too, but something this cheap is generally worth the risk. I wouldn't buy a TV on ebay, but a battery... sure. I usually check Amazon first, but eBay is an option...
    Oh, not at all - I have no issues buying from eBay; I've never been burned. It's just that the link the OP provided was to an auction that closed on 5/15, and I wasn't able to find the same item on any other auctions. Am I missing something?
  9. #29  
    Looks interesting, but you know what would be better? I think someone needs to invent a touchstone with an included battery that you could take with you and just set the pre on it when you need a charge.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    MyCellWorld and TreoTiger are part of Fommy (awful reviews mentioned before). The other links you provided are some of the others I checked out yesterday - they all have pretty awful reviews, with problems ranging from lying about stock levels, to shipping delays, to refund problems. Rough! Thanks for posting them, though ... I imagine someone here will buy from one of them and give us their experience.



    Oh, not at all - I have no issues buying from eBay; I've never been burned. It's just that the link the OP provided was to an auction that closed on 5/15, and I wasn't able to find the same item on any other auctions. Am I missing something?
    Thanks. You know what really worries me is that the guy selling them on ebay also has bad reviews. I wonder if they are all trying to sell from the same non-existent stock. I really want to buy one, but I don't want to screw around with someone that doesn't really have them. This is such an amazing concept for a holster, and by now the low sales volume for Pre has people liquidating the accessories created for the Pre... I would assume this to be discounted and promoted all over the place if it actually existed...

    Someone please buy this and tell us what happens! I want this!
  11.    #31  
    This is the vendor I ended up wining the item from:
    eBay My World - sourcedepot
    They have a 99.5% rating and the average for the last 12 months is better than 4 3/4 stars.
    Link to item:
    2400mAh Premium Extended Battery Case For Palm Pre+Plus - eBay (item 220608045541 end time May-19-10 12:04:09 PDT)
    I "won" the item for 31.99 (includes shipping). I paid about 20 minutes ago. We will see how long it takes to get here (3-10 business days acording to the seller) and I will post a full review.
    Last edited by jakelaw; 05/18/2010 at 05:27 PM.
  12. #32  
    I bought one after seeing this here. I'll report back when I get it. It looks cool & I really need something to make me feel comfortable about my battery life. I can't charge my phone at work & a couple of times I thought my phone was going to die on me. If this works, it will be a life saver. I paid for it on Sat 5/15. We'll see soon, I hope.

    If anyone still wants one, I found 3 still on eBay by doing a search for:
    2400mAh Premium Extended Battery Case For Palm Pre+Plus
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2
    I bought one after seeing this here. I'll report back when I get it. It looks cool & I really need something to make me feel comfortable about my battery life. I can't charge my phone at work & a couple of times I thought my phone was going to die on me. If this works, it will be a life saver. I paid for it on Sat 5/15. We'll see soon, I hope.

    If anyone still wants one, I found 3 still on eBay by doing a search for:
    2400mAh Premium Extended Battery Case For Palm Pre+Plus
    Thanks so much for posting this! I never would have been able to find it.

    Just purchased one of the 3 remaining cases. As soon as it arrives, I too will report on it.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 05/18/2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
  14.    #34  
    The vendor I bought from has more than 25 of them posted right now!!
    eBay My World - sourcedepot
    My guess is this is the vendor becrazy2 and VCI_cell used.
  15. #35  
    I bought mine on May 15th from Source Depot. Still waiting to receive. They say most items ship within 24 hours of payment, and I paid on May 16th. The posted deliver timeframe is May 19-May 28th. Unfortunately, the tracking id doesn't work.

    So, we'll see what happens. My take? Worst case scenario, this is a much cheaper route than a touchstone.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  16.    #36  
    It looks from the shipping email I got that they ship through USPS, but use UPS for a contract somehow, because my email tracking number is for UPS, but the UPS site says "Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination" this is a Regional Processing Facility where items are shipped before "induction to the U.S. Postal system. It arrived at the facility in my town yesterday so I am hopeful I will have it on Monday.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    It looks from the shipping email I got that they ship through USPS, but use UPS for a contract somehow, because my email tracking number is for UPS, but the UPS site says "Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations Destination" this is a Regional Processing Facility where items are shipped before "induction to the U.S. Postal system. It arrived at the facility in my town yesterday so I am hopeful I will have it on Monday.
    Mine still says it can't be found, even thought it was supposedly mailed around 5/16. So, I am not very confident I am going to receive it anytime soon.

    Unfortunately, I have emailed the seller twice and they have not responded.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  18.    #38  
    did you check your tracking number on UPS instead of USPS? I checked USPS initially because that is what their shipping info said they used, but when I clicked on the actual link in the shippinng email, it took me to the UPS site where the tracking number worked.
  19. #39  
    ^ About the shipping tracking issues: My seller specifically mentioned that the tracking number would be a "UPS-MI" tracking number and would not work on the regular UPS or USPS sites. Try this link if you're having the same trouble: UPS Mail Innovations

    According to mine, it shipped from CA and was in CT as of two days ago, presumably en route to MA where I live. I'll update as soon as I get it!
  20.    #40  
    got mine today!!! the tracking number worked on the UPS site for me, just not on the USPS site. See my new review thread here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...24#post2472624
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions