Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I purchased a new OEM battery for my pre, and I am looking to use it as a backup instead of an high capacity battery. My question is, should I rotate these batteries in my phone, or just keep one charged and only use it if I need it?
    Rotate, the batteries will not store a "memory", but the unused one will lose charge over time. Plus it is just a good keep them cycled.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Thats what I figured. Do you recommend every other day? weekly?
    I would say every 3-5 days
    A schedule is not really necessary, just when one dies, replace it with the other and drop the dead one in the charger. and repeat.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    I purchased a new OEM battery for my pre, and I am looking to use it as a backup instead of an high capacity battery. My question is, should I rotate these batteries in my phone, or just keep one charged and only use it if I need it?
    If you use your pre pretty heavily, chances are you will be rotating these batteries. That said you shouldn't just let a battery sit around, as it will still lose it's charge over time, but if you have a standalone battery charger to keep your spare topped off you'll be fine.

And don't forget to condition your new battery.
    Last edited by bdog421; 05/13/2010 at 06:03 PM.
    why would the battery that is not being used lose charge over time?
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    it leaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

Lithium-ion batteries like those in most phones lose about 1% of charge per day in storage. If you have to store one of the batts for a long period, a 40% charge level is best (dunno why).

Source: batteryuniversity.com