1.    #1  
    I just received a new 1400mAh Amzer extended battery. I put it in my pre then plugged the pre into the charger (not TS) but it is just showing me the empty battery with a big question mark in it. I'm guessing it is not recognosing the battery.

Does anyone know what is wrong or has any experience with this issue?
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    leave it on charge, until the battery reaches the minium start-up voltage. This is a normal function of the phone with a depleted battery.
  3.    #3  
    Its not the regular one with a curly usb cord and red at the bottom, it is the plain white one with a ?. If you take your battery out and put the cord it then this will come up.
    Will it still just charge the battery?
    If I do leave it on charge what is about a normal length of time to expect before i see life?
    Should take about 5-10mins but even new batteries have some life in them. It shouldn't be completely empty to the point where it shows the white "?"
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Well it has sat there for more than an hour on charge with nothing, so I think it might be a dead battery or my pre won't take to it.
    Try turning the battery over to reverse the polarity. If this does not fix the problem I would return the battery.
    Also make sure the battery is making good contact. Put a piece of paper on the top (like a business card), to put down pressure on the contacts.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8.    #8  
    Tried it all guys but I think its officially dead. Its going back in the morning and my replacement should be here so hopfully.